*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1602197-Daisy-The-Dogs-Stolen-Birthday-Cake
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #1602197
Dogs Love Sweets.Poor Old Daisy Was No Exception.
Daisy the Dog's Stolen Birthday Cake


My sister baked the yummiest of layer cakes. That day was no exception. It was three layers of vanilla butter cake frosted with strawberry swirls and decorated ever so prettily. The table was set and we were all going in to have cake after digesting our supper out on the porch. We came into the kitchen to sit down and have tea and cake. When we walked around to the other side of the table we were in shock. Daisy, my sister's large white poodle-terrier mix had hollowed out the cake and only a frosting shell was left. The cake looked untouched from one side but she had eaten most of it from the inside out. Hearing the hollering in the kitchen, Daisy high-tailed it for a hiding spot in fear and remorse.

  Daisy passed on several years ago but I still see her with pink frosting all over her snout and whiskers. She was a good sport too, letting the kids hang all over her and tug her ears when they were small. She never nipped at them and covered then in dog spit kisses. She took naps in their beds and spoke their language when they were too small to speak. Every picture we took of the kids, Daisy popped her fluffy white head in too. She was their canine nanny and no one would dare harm them while she was around. My husband was hollering about his bad day at work and went to pick up our son to change his diaper .Daisy thought he was attacking our child and she clamped onto his forearm and hung on for dear life. She wasn't letting go either. He raised his arm and Daisy looked like a prize fish hanging by her mouth with her limbs dangling limply.It was hard not to laugh at this site in spite of my ex needing peroxide and a bandage. Poor Daisy felt guilty and spent the evening with her head in my husband's lap looking up with big old puppy dog eyes. She was sweet as sugar to her "babies", but heaven forbid anyone threaten her family or appear to. Every dog has his or her day. Daisy's was on a birthday complete with her own stolen layer cake. Looking back, I say she earned that cake for being such a good and faithful pup for the 12 years she was with us.


Matthew 15:27-
"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."
© Copyright 2009 InkWellspring66 (songofsolomon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1602197-Daisy-The-Dogs-Stolen-Birthday-Cake