*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620018-Evolutionary-Engineering
Rated: E · Editorial · Religious · #1620018
Explination of Creation and Evolution.
Evolutionary Engineering 

By Richard Briley 


I feel a certain kinship to atheist in that my dear father was an avid atheist.  I loved him dearly and think of him often now that he is gone. He was one of those hard nosed dedicated atheist. He loved to debate Christians on the science of evolution.  I was his only son so he worked on me extra hard. I know all about evolution and Darwinism from beginning to end. I have heard it time and time again. 

  The fact is I’m not an Atheist.  I’m one of those people that really do believe in God.  Dad never could convince me that God didn’t exist. On the other side of the coin I couldn’t even come close to converting him. All those arguments with my dear sweet Dad helped me to look deeper at science and try to make sense of it all.  Does evolution exist? I’m going to try and answer that question.

There was a time we Christians did a poor job of understanding science and explaining our position. On the other hand most Atheist know very little of the bible and viewed it with a closed mind. So in essence the ignorant were arguing with the ignorant. Let me start with creation. The bible says it happened in 7 days. Ok, now just think about this for a moment without laughing.  The way the bible describes it chronologically is exactly how scientist believed it happened. You have to give some credence to that thought. A day in creation logically can not be based on the 24hr clock as we know it! God's time measurement is not the same as ours and it doesn’t have to be. A day in creation is actually a “stage” or “steps” of creation.  It lines up perfectly with science.

Evolution did, has and continues to exist. Mans knowledge has been and continues to be an evolutionary process. Both Christians and Atheist would agree to that fact. So to blatantly say evolution is a myth is being ignorant of the facts. As far as the physical evolution I’ll explain it like this.

In 1967 my Dad took me into the woods off a side road where he once lived as a boy in Chireno Texas. This area of Texas has some of the densest woods you could ever imagine.  Some places you have to cut your way through just like in a jungle. A few hundred feet from the road he found what he was looking for. It was an old home site that had grown over with trees and brush. This home site probably goes back to the 1850’s to early 1900’s.  Now I couldn’t tell it was an old home site but Dad knew it was.

There, buried in the ground at this old site was part of a Model “T” Ford. You could see part of the frame and body sticking up. Dad said. “Look here Bubba I want to show you something.” There it was, a Model “T” Ford. Now I’m using this simple illustration to make a point. The automobile has evolved! There are some similarities in those first vehicles to what we have today. The first assembly production cars had four wheels, a front steering mechanism, seats, glass, horn, lights, spare tire, gasoline engine, brakes, clutch, transmission, frame, axle and so on.

Each and every vehicle model that came off the assembly line in 1900’s until today also has something else in common with today’s vehicles . Blueprints, each and every vehicle model was engineered and designed on a drawing board. Prototypes were built and tested. The cars didn’t design themselves. They were created, perfected and modified. It would only make sense to understand the designer and engineer may have created prototypes of mankind as he worked on perfecting what he wanted just like all inventors do today. Trial, error, modification and then the final product that was made, Adam and Eve. Am I trying to justify away my faith? Absolutly not, for God is more magnificent to me each and every day. I believe just what the Bible says. "God Created....." Consider the complexity of this world he created.

When you look at the complexity of this world and everything in it how in the Sam Hill can you come to any other conclusion? The spider for example has eight eyes/legs and builds an elaborate trap with such precision. The caterpillar which crawls on tree limbs and transforms into a beautiful butterfly,  the ants that build bridges and works in perfect harmony, the tadpole that has gills and swims like a fish then transforms into a frog, these animals are biological machines. The alligator is nothing more than preprogrammed robotic machine as with all the insects. 

Your comments are welcome.





   

© Copyright 2009 Richard Briley Jr (rbriley48 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620018-Evolutionary-Engineering