*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636659-Who-Am-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Poetry · Other · #1636659
the search for identity.
I am the night-fall; whose stars guide your loved-ones in their darkest hour, whose pale moon reflects the light from our only sun so that others may see what lies before them. While most are dreaming peacefully in their calm sleep, I watch over the restless; those who are troubled and overwhelmed by their worries. I listen as the wolf howls into the darkness, I watch as the fox hunts food for her pups. I hear the innocent prayers of children before they rest their eyes. I am there at the end of each day and at the beginning of everyday. I am the night-fall.



I am the ocean; the bringer of life, the unstoppable force. I shape the world around you, constantly changing the earth. I am deeper than any canyon, deeper than any valley. The life that dwells within me is vaster than that on the surface. My waves do not judge men, but forces them judge their own life. I do not decide what is good or evil, for that is not my place. I only do what is necessary for life to continue. Without me, there would be no life; without life, I would not matter. I am the ocean.



I am the warrior; bound by my duty, determined to see it through. At times, I fight for a flag, at times I fight for a cause. But every time I fight, I fight to survive; to see my loved-ones just once more before death takes my life. I am not a warrior because I want war; I am a warrior because I want to protect others from the horror which war brings. I am strong, I am cunning, and I am what I need to be to win. I am a warrior.



What I am is a man; man is capable of such great salvation and capable of absolute destruction. Man values what is worthless in its entirety and lays to waste what is most valuable in life. Mans desire for happiness is never satisfied; his greed is never slain. And yet, man is also filled with compassion. It seems that man is never too far from redemption. With a reputation such as mine I would hope that to be the truth; for I am a man and I am not worth saving, but before every night-fall, I pray for your salvation.
© Copyright 2010 Troubled Toy Maker (torres.12217 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636659-Who-Am-I