*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683167-Im-Alone
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Drama · #1683167
A small poem I wrote after a Depression seminar at school.
I faked all the laughs, and hid behind a smile, until after a while it became my reality. My fatality. Even though deep down inside of me I was dying from all of the lying and pain. I was going insane. My friends and family said they were there, but they’ve never understood what they should have. They were only a phone call away and still I could not convey to them what was going on. I was drawn, into the darkness I fell. With no chance for farewell. It hurt, I felt helpless and inert. I lay and I cried, because it was all I could do. It helped wash away the memories of the shit I’ve been through. Have you ever felt like you were alone in a crowded room? Like the only solution to this feeling is to come to the brink of your doom? Using your tears to drown the world out, and you miss the drought, and the happiness you had before the mess. I confess that I’ve never been the greatest person, but why should my life worsen, when I do little wrong? I’ve always tried to be strong, but sometimes it’s never enough, when life gets too rough on you. I’ve tried to pull through, but life just keeps pushing back, like an attack. And I can’t defend against it all on my own, but I’m all alone.
© Copyright 2010 Valiant CJ (valiantcj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683167-Im-Alone