*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830433-How-much-do-you-hide-my-dear
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1830433
Directed towards those who self-harm.
How much do you hide, my dear?

I see you wandering the halls.

Blank expressions. What do you feel in the depths of that beautiful mind?

How much do you hide, my dear?

What does that hoodie mean to you?

To the scars that line your arms; constantly reminding you of your weaknesses?

Everyone has weaknesses. Why do you try to be alone?

How much you hide my dear, it’s terrifying.

Did you eat today? I see the pain and hunger in your eyes.

Hunger. Not just hunger for a food source, but hunger for the eyes that watch to linger just a bit longer. Hunger for those prying eyes to pry a bit further.

I know you want to open yourself.

Let all of you pour out from that sweatshirt.

Show everyone the scars, don’t let them make you hurt.

Let them show you that you were strong, even in the moments of weakness.

Did you sleep at all last night? Are you crying, or is there really something in your eyes?

Let me see those eyes.

Oh how I wish I could take the pain from them, and show you the beautiful side of the world.

It may not be much, but you could use some happiness.

Who did this to you?

You’re too young to be so broken, so desolate, so alone, so…empty.

You’re too beautiful to wear that frown.

How beautiful you are, with tears running down your face, and the pain dripping onto the floor.

How beautiful you will be when you find your way again.

How beautiful you’ll be when you smile again.

I can’t wait to see that smile. Not the fake one.

No more smiles with empty eyes, no more smiles as you nervously adjust your sleeves.

No more.

How much do you hide, my dear?

Why hide what you are?

I wish you wouldn’t hide any longer.

Take off the sweatshirt. Put on a tank top. Wear shorts. Show the world who you are, what you were, who you want to become.

Show the world the wonder that is in you.

The wonder that is you.

Don’t hide any more, my dear.
© Copyright 2011 Paige Brann (paigeinsanity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830433-How-much-do-you-hide-my-dear