*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840620-Everlasting
by Joker
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Inspirational · #1840620
I am unfading. I am everlasting until the very end. I refuse to fade away here.
I felt the rain drops hit agaisnt my skin. I knew I should have tried to find shelter but i couldnt move. I was rooted to the spot where I had lost everything.
My family, friends, and even, my boyfriend. They had all left me. I've been abandoned. But, I looked up at the sky, feeling the raindrops hit my face. I couldn't give up yet. I had to endure the hardships until the very end.
Because I belived that was what I was made for.
Amara, my name means unfading, eternal. I grew up in pain and betrayl. But I refused to fade away into nothing.
But it was so painful sometimes, trying to be eternal. I sighed and slowly made my way home. As I was walking down the old beaten path that lead to my small beaten down house is where I saw him.
A guy who looked older then I am. He had blond hair. He was crouching facing the ground. He seemed deppressed. He looked like how I felt.
"Follow me." I told him as I countinued down the path. I felt his presence behind me, following like I had commanded.
As we reached my small home I gave him a towel and got a better look at him. He had emerald green eyes and looked about 22 and was taller then me by a foot or two.
"Are you hungry?" I asked. He looked at me and replied "Why are you helping a stranger like me, you don't even look like you have much to spare." I stared at him, was he questioning kindness? He looked at me like I wanted something from him.
"I'm Amara, don't question my kindness" I said as I walked into the kitchen looking for snacks.
"Adrian, thanks but-" I cut him off saying "I don't pity anyone so don't think I'm helping you out of pity."
"....Thank you." he sat down on the beat down couch in the living room. I sat next to him passing him a bag of chips and a bottle of water.
He took them and began eating quickly finishing the small snack. I smiled he looked less deppressed. Why did I help him? I wonder.
"Amara, Thanks for everything." he said.
"No problem."
"Do you think I could stay here until the rain lets up?"
"Sure if you don't mind being here until tommorrow night because thats when the news said the rain would stop."
"I don't mind, let me introduce my self correctly, I'm Adrian 23 years old, employed."
"Amara, 17 years old, highschool drop out, I work at a bar."
He looked at me in disbelif. Well I didn't blame him I didn't look like the type to drop out. "I dropped out because I was forced to by my aunt." I said.
"Why?" he asked. I laughed at his intrest for me. He was one of the few people who seemed to give a fuck.
"My parents died so my aunt took me in but she was a vile woman, she treated me like a slave and when money became short she forced me to get a job and when she had finnaly got enough money she left this crappy place and ran off with all the money, so I decided to keep working to save up money so one day I can make my dream come true."
"Good job." he said. I looked at him. That was a first. Most people said sorry and I would achive my dream with pity in their eyes. Why would he say good job? He looked at my sapphire blue eyes with his emerald green eyes.
"You chose to not give up and fade away, so good job."
I smiled. He was diffrent. He saw me the way I wanted to be seen. Not like some poor kid we should pity but as, the kid that refuses to go down and give up.
"you know, I'm happy I helped you." I said. He smiled and replied "So am I, you helped me see what I needed to see to keep moving on." I looked at him confused and asked "what might that be?"
"endurence, kindness, hope, and everlasting will."
.....speechless....I was speechless. Someone had seen through my mask. This man I never met before said the words that I wanted to hear, that not even my parents could figure out. I looked at him in awe. He smiled and pulled me into a tight embrace. "Stay strong, no matter how hard it may be."
I felt tears fall out of my eyes. For the first time in 10 years I was crying again. But not out of saddness.
"You have helped me reach my dream, happiness, it wasnt money I needed but to hear those words." I said.
He smiled as he countined to embrace. Soon large magnificent white wings spread out and around us. I looked at him in confusion. "What are you?" I asked amazment. He replied "An angel, I was about to fall but you helped me, let me help you reach peace, Amara. You don't have to stay here as a ghost any longer."
He stood up and held out his hand.
"Follow me." he said with a warm smile. I smiled back with tears in my eyes as I took his hand. My end had finaly come. Now my eternal would take place somewhere brighter. Somewhere so bright I would never fade away.
"Thank you, Adrian my angel."
© Copyright 2012 Joker (jokerchan1827 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840620-Everlasting