*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840767-Moonlight
by Joker
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1840767
A forbidden love story of a demon hunter and a beautiful demon.
In the feudal era there lived a young and beautiful woman. Loved by all for her beauty and kindness. Her name was Mizuki.
Mizuki had a dark secret though. She was a fox demon. The last of her kind. She knew she had to keep it a secret to stay alive. But when a full moon shines on her, her true self will be revealed.
One day a young and handsome hunter came to her village. He was a demon hunter, the type of people who killed Mizuki's family. But poor Mizuki cursed with unfortuna
e fell in love with the hunter.
The hunter saw Mizuki and also fell in love. His name was Takashi. Takashi and Mizuki were married together for about a year. Mizuki was able to hide her secret and learned that Takashi's dream was to kill all of the demons. This saddened her because she knew for a fact her love could never know who she really was.
One night a full moon was out and Mizuki foolishly went outside worried, for her husband did not return home yet. As she was walking through the forest where her husband went to hunt she felt a sharp painful piercing through her heart.
"Fox demon, prepare to die!" said Takashi. As Mizuki heard his voice she cried tears of pain and happiness. "My love, if it is you who will do away with me then I shall not struggle." Mizuki said.
Takashi heard the voice of his beloved wife and withdrew his katana. He then saw her face, bathed in moonlight, tears, and, blood. He had killed his love. He had been with a demon. He stared at her as he gently laid her down.
"My love why did you never tell me?" he asked in agony of watching her inevitable death. "Because you hated demons and I would die if you hated me." she answered weakly. Takashi soon felt tears falling from his face. He embraced his wife for what would be the last time.
"Do not cry my love, live no matter how painful it may be and when the time comes I will be awaiting for you in the next life so we may love each other all over again." said Mizuki returning the embrace.
Soon Mizuki disappeared turning into orbs of light as her soul left this life for the next. Takshi saw the beauty her soul was and cried. He cried at for all the times he wished to kill all demons. He cried for falling in love with a demon. He cried for losing her.
Mizuki my love, in the next life may our love be stronger and our bond unbreakable.
Takashi, I will forever wait for you to return to me and embrace me once more.
© Copyright 2012 Joker (jokerchan1827 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840767-Moonlight