*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860839-The-Bond-series-Number-7
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1860839
The Bond is a series of short stories that all fall into a long story about protectors.
THE BOND -7-
The Guardians of the Void

They walked down the village streets and halted. There it is. The Master of the Lands’ Palace. IT. WAS. HUGE. It stood like ten stories tall. Parker’s jaw dropped like a weight.

“We’re here,” said Eski. He walked into the building. Parker followed.

“whoa,”

It was amazing. It was so royal. So prestigious. It looked like a kajilionairs house. Gold everywhere. Paintings of angelic wars. Candles lit our pathway down the hall.

A man sat on an alter type thing. Beside him stood two boys on his left, and three girls on his right. So, this was Master Kairi and the other Guardians?

“Welcome, Guardian of Darkness.” Kairi said. Kairi was an old fellow. He was short, and had wrinkles and white hair. He had a cane that supported him.

“What’s your name?” said Kairi.
“Parker…” He said humbly.
“Parker…?”
“Uh.. Sorry… Parker Willow.”
Kairi nodded.
“As of today, we announce Parker Willow as the newest Guardian of Darkness. Do you accept this duty, with full intention of abiding by our laws and doing your part?
“Yes.”
“Good… All in favor, say I.”
Parker looked to the other Guardians.
“I” was said simultaneously. Then, they came to greet me one by one.
“Hi, I’m Taz, Nice to meet you,” she said with a smile. She had blue eyes to match Parker’s. She also had the sweetest smile, and the prettiest blonde hair. Yellow. Just like Parker’s. But her hair went a little past her shoulders. Her outfit was a white karate gi style, with the fabled wooden sandals that all Guardians wear, now Parker does, too. Down the sleeve of her left arm were the Trinity Code of Honor symbols. She walked past and went to a case containing an object while another person approached me.
Before the next one said anything, Kairi interrupted.
“Eski, put on your uniform.”
“Oh.. yes sir, I forgot.” Eski ran to get it.
The next one directed his cold eyes on me.
“Blake.”
Blake huh? What a tool. His freckles on his face mimicked Parker, his red hair pulled back into a ponytail, his hard, cold, soulless, black eyes shot his thoughts. This guy is a Guardian? Well, I guess so, he is wearing an uniform, too. He wore a red, baggy shirt, that revealed his chest. He had on a belt, that bore the symbol for angel. He had on black, loose pants, and on his sides, he had two swords, katana swords.
Also, he wore black gloves that went up to right below his elbow. His fingers were exposed and on the wrist were silver bands.
On the back of the back gloves on his hands, was the symbol for hope on the right, and the symbol courage on the left. He joined Taz.
Eski walked back into the room and joined Taz and Blake. Eski wore his hat, of coarse, that bore the angel symbol, he had on a blue shirt with no sleeves, that was cut down the middle, exposing his body, which was built pretty nicely. No homo. We wore the same gloves as Blake, and, now that I take a look at Taz, she wore the gloves, too. His pants were black and loose, just like mine and Blake’s. On his back, there were two sheaths hiding two daggers in them. The sheaths were atop of each other.
“Hi, I’m Terryn, Parker.”
Parker turned to see a huge guy. Built and about 6’2. He wore a brown shirt, but his didn’t expose nothing. It was just a shirt like Parker’s. He wore the sacred gloves, and had loose black pants. But, he didn’t carry no weapon. The symbol for angel was on the side of his neck.
He was followed by another girl. One with white hair, long and down to her rear. It was straight and was highlighted by her outfit. The upper part of it was a white robe, then it went into a skirt at her hips, and she wore tight pants and wooden sandals. She wore the gloves, and tucked into her robe, was a single kusarigama, without the chain. Her Angel symbol was inked into the left shoulder of her robe.
The girl made contact with her soft eyes. Her eyes were weird. They were a shade of purple.
“Hi.. I’m Luna.”
“Hi,” Parker said back with a smile.
She walked over to the group.
The last one approached.
“Hi, I’m Quinn,”
Quinn had brown hair, and brown eyes. Her smile was uplifting. Her hair went to her shoulders, and in the front she had a swoop. Her hair highlighted her uniform.
It was a tight uniform, the whole thing. A black suit. It looked pretty comfy, to be honest. She wore the gloves, and on her side was two closed razor fans.
She walked over to the group. Eski motioned for me to come.
“I now bestow upon you the Gloves of the Guardian,” Kairi handed me the gloves. I put them on.
“Apparently Mr. Tornado gave you the symbols for Hope and Courage already. I’ll just remove them for you no problem.”
He removed my other symbols.
“Now, your officially a Guardian. Your first assignment waits for you tomorrow. Get some good sleep.”
“I will, sir,”

Parker, Eski, Blake, Terryn, Luna, Quinn, and Taz.
The new Guardians.

An epic story is unfolding.


-END-
© Copyright 2012 Chainsaw Love (deathweasel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860839-The-Bond-series-Number-7