*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860840-The-Bond-series-Number-8
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1860840
The Bond is a series of short stories that all fall into one long story about protectors.
THE BOND -8-
The First Mission

Dawn broke. Parker and Eski awoke.

“Good morning, Parker, I’ll take the first shower.”
Parker thought about the future to the sound of the bulleting water in the bathroom.

Finally. After one month of constant wait, I’m going to save Noelle, he thought to himself. He could imagine it. Bursting into the Village of Hell, slaying Imps, beasting Reapers. It all seemed so easy. Eski walked out of the bathroom, all ready, and all fancied up in his uniform.
“Gotta look good for Kairi.”
“Heh.. Ima take my shower now.”
“K.”
Parker got into the shower as Eski sat on his bed. “I’m doing this for you, Phillip, and you, Chandler,” he thought to himself. He pulled out the two daggers from the sheathes on his back. He fiddled with them, and whenever Parker came out already to go, he said:
“Cool daggers,”
Eski was startled.
“Yeah.. They were my brothers.”
“Were?..” Parker asked kindly
Eski looked down at them and paused. Then he said,
“They were killed two years ago… By a Reaper. Exactly who, I don’t know, but that is the main reason I joined the Protectors as a Guardian, to avenge them.” Eski wiped away a tear.
“I’m sorry,” Parker said.
“… It’s fine,” He faked a smile. “Let’s go.”
“Alright.”

Parker and Eski walked to the Palace. Kairi was waiting for them. Blake and Terryn were already there.

Blake gave Parker a weird look, and Terryn flashed a smile.
“Ah.. You’re here…”
“Yes sir,” Eski stated.
“I have a mission for you, I’ve sent the girls to the Village of the Sea, our neighbor village, and I’m sending you to the Village of Grass. Your mission is to investigate for a group of robbers. Grave robbers. Recently, many caskets for funerals have been reported empty, many of who were Protectors, and you are to find these criminals and bring turn them in. Dead or alive… Got it?”

Eski, Terryn and Blake agreed in sync, Parker barked up.

“Um… I thought we were going to the Village of Hell?”

“It’s not time. Don’t worry, she’ll be fine, they wont kill Noelle, because she is useful.” Kairi said.

“How did you-?”
“Mr. Tornado, or as you know him, Bobby, told be ALL about it.”
“…Oh…”

Kairi could tell Parker was mad.

“Black Ops Cell One is still gathering further information. Don’t worry.”
“…ok.”
“Alright… everybody ready?” Terryn said.
“Yep”
“Ok… Let’s go!”

They left, Blake received a map from Kairi. They were walking down the street, then Eski brought something up.
“Hey- how bout we go to the training field and have a sparring match. Let’s see what the new guys got!”
“Ok!” Terryn said.

They walked to a fenced in perimeter with a sign that said “TRAINING ZONE”

“I want to go first,” Said Terryn.
“Ok, you fight Parker, then after that, I’ll fight Blake.” Eski said.

Terryn held out his hand and a brown glow appeared the shape double headed axe. It solified and turned into a real axe. It was silver and the blade had a hole large enough for a neck to fit in, allowing it to be chopped off.
“Let’s go.”
Parker drew his sword and blocked the first swing Terryn threw with his axe. Parker jumped back, then said
“Crescent Moon Slash!” Parker slashed his blade in the air and a black thing of energy, looking like a crescent moon shape, flew out of his sword and spun in the air horizontally. This was the first Art Bobby taught him. Actually, the only. It hit Terryn. Terryn flew back along with the moon, and when it faded, Terryn face-planted. Eski was cheering

Terryn got up. “So you wanna play like that, huh?”

“Earth Art: Body of Stone!” The ground and rock was being pulled onto his body, and he was engulfed by it, revealing only his eyes and mouth. Terryn charged.

Parker waiting for Terryn to come in close, then side stepped and weaved him. Then, Parker slashed at his side. The rock absorbed the hit.
“Earth Art: Impaling Spike!” Blake tackled Parker, knocking him out of the way. Parker looked at the big spike of ground sticking out of the ground exactly where he was standing. He tried to KILL him.
“Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot to hold back.”

“Ok, spar over, Parker won.” Blake said.
“WHAT! HOW?!?” Terryn shouted as he canceled his Art and the earth attached to his body fell off.
“Well, you cheated.”
“Oh yeah.”

Eski walked to Parker.
“Alright, watch me whoop this guy!”

Eski and Blake stood toe to toe. Terryn shouted, “GO!”
They jumped back from each other. Eski jumped a lot further. Blake drew his dual katanas. Eski held out his left hand and a blue glow in the shape of a longbow appeared in his hand, but didn’t solidify like Terryn’s did, instead it just remained a blue, ghost-like, object. He pulled back on the string and a ghost-like blue arrow appeared. He let it go and three ghost arrows shot out. Blake cut through each one with his swords. Blake darted at Eski. Eski’s bow faded into nothing. That’s his special ability. He can call out his bow whenever he wanted, and he makes arrow using his energy. Everybody has a different special ability, Parker’s is, well you’ll find out later. Terryn’s is that he is the only one that can use his Body of Stone Art, because he has a natural magnetism that corresponds with the elements in the ground.

Blake swung at Eski, he ducked and used an Art.
“Water Art: Geyser!”

A geyser sprouted from the ground and took Blake with it. Every Protector and Reaper has a set of Arts. Some have more than others, it really doesn’t matter though. One Art or twenty Arts, if your stronger, your stronger.

Eski flashed his bow into his hand and shot three arrows. One went straight at Blake, and two went left and right, and curved into the side at him.

“Fire Art: Flame Tornado!” Blake spun around and make a fire tornado, with burnt the arrows. Also, it evaporated the geyser, causing smoke to blind everyone.

Eski punched where the thought Blake was. A figure came up behind Eski.

“Fire Art: Fireball!”

Eski was caught in the trap of a fireball, but luckily, a Guardians uniform is infused with a protectant that minimizes the damage that you would take if you weren’t in it. So, Fire doesn’t burn your skin like it would on Earth, it just hurts. A lot. Eski fell onto his knees.

“Give up?” Blake said, boastingly.

“Water Art: Geyser!”

Blake was shot up and he just sat there on the water.
“Really? That AGAIN? It wont help. You lost.”

“Heh.. You’re an idiot.” said Eski.

“Oh crap,” said Terryn, “Earth Art: Protecting Dome!”
He made a dome around him and Parker.

“Water Art: Storming Arrows!”

Eski’s bow flashed into his hand and he shot and arrow into the air and hit a cloud. He smiled and went for cover.

Arrows rained down, but luckily, Blake countered all the arrows heading for him with an Art.

“Flame Hurricane!”

This was a version of Flame Tornado that he make himself. It was bigger and stronger and longer lasting.

Eski, Terryn and Parker met Blake when the arrows stopped, which lasted about fifteen seconds.

“Ok, you won that one. I would’ve been done if not for that.” Blake admitted.

Eski shook his hand.
“Good spar, now, I think we need to get going.”

The Guardians of Earth, Fire, Water, and Darkness set out for the Village of Clouds.



-END-
© Copyright 2012 Chainsaw Love (deathweasel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860840-The-Bond-series-Number-8