*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915822-Totally-at-a-Loss
by Cinn
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1915822
Failing to become inspired
** Image ID #1915688 Unavailable **


Eve glared at the cheerful cartoon image before her, wishing she had not entered the contest. Saccharin rainbows with two-leaf clovers sprouting from their arcing colors seemed to stare back at her. She squinted at the picture for a moment, hoping the blurred colors would provide inspiration. Instead, the sky became a hazy face. Two cloud eyes now ogled her like a dirty old man on the subway. Eve shuddered as one of the eyes winked at her, offering sappy encouragement. You can do it, Eve! The mouth, an angry blob of white nestled in the hills, would eat her soul and replace it with gumdrops if she focused too hard.

Shaking her head, Eve tried to clear the brilliant colors from her eyes and the sugary taste from her mouth. Think about something else. Mushy splotches of color continued to dance behind her closed lids. Think!
© Copyright 2013 Cinn (cinnamonfringe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915822-Totally-at-a-Loss