*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998768-1-3-For-You
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1998768
Shadow and Luka talk, the Domestica takes them to their next destination....
Waking up again....The Third night had passed, and the second day has begun. This time has passed since Shadow has been free. He, the Domestica have been traveling away from the Arachniom Kingdom, where Shadow was close to being executed and eaten. After a night of traveling, they reached a desert village to free another person whose life was also about to be ended via execution.

About two hours ago, the carriage that the three were on left the desert, and began to turn into a vast plains area.The grass was tall, but not a problem for the horses as the barreled through it. Shadow could look out of one of the carriage's windows and see a mountain range far off in the distance

He looked away from the window and turned his head to look over at where Luka was sitting previously. While she was not there, the boy could see the Skunkette girl on the floor before him. "What are you doing?" Shadow asks.

Luka had her legs out in front of her sitting body. Her arms were reaching towards her feet and over her legs. "I am stretching. What does it look like I am doing?"

He could hear the French accent trace heavily in her voice. Shadow just gives her a slight nod of approval and looks away from her and back out of the window. She seemed hostile to Shadow. But for what reason? He didn't do anything to her. In fact, he freed her! He frowns a bit, and his eyes shift to a look of annoyance. Turning back around in his seat, he was about to say something to her.

If it weren't for the fact that Luka had stood up and was directly in front of Shadow. He made a slight gasp and backed away, but there was no where to back to. Luka had her arms crossed and was looking down at the human. She was not amused by that look that she  was given earlier, just moments ago. "Is there, something that you'd like to say to me? You look like you are biting your tongue."

Shadow swallows slightly. There was something he wanted to say, But Luka looked so much more menacing up close.....

The occasional sound of the caravan hitting bumps broke the silence at random points. The ever present sounds of the horses galloping was the background noise and became apart of the silence. The human stayed in his seat and looked down at the floor. "What's your hostility against me, anyway? I helped free you....."

"That does not matter, you may have freed me. But, I owe nothing to you but a thanks. Once I can get off of this thing, I am leaving." Luka points to her bow. "That is all I need to survive out there..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luka and Shadow stayed on their separate sides for the next hour or so. The carriage would eventually stop. Shadow looked around from the window to see where they were. But, he couldnt tell. There were just plains around them and mountains in the far off distance. Standing up, he heads to the exit. But, before Shadow could even reach the door, Luka pushed him out of the way. She held her bow tight in her hand. "Move out of the way!"

That was it. The boy was tired of her rudeness.

He growls from the floor, launching back up onto his feet and grabbing the large and bushy tail of the Skunkette. "Whats your problem?!" He makes an attempt to bring her back in and force her down on her ass.

And thats exactly what ended up happening. She makes a slight and soft gasp, as no one had ever gotten that way with her before. She was put down on her bottom, exhaling a soft grunt. she looks up at the human with an angered and...Blushing face.

Shadow gives her a look of a serious accord. He did notice the blush, but didnt care at the moment about it. He wanted more than anything to pick her back up and rough her up a bit. There was a long moment of the two locking eyes with each other. Luka would eventually and slowly stand up in front of him. She swipes her arm across her nose and mouth, scoffing. "Human..."

She would again though more gently, push the boy aside and opens the door to the carriage so she could get out. The sun hit them harshly. Another sunny place....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Domestica who had saved Shadow and rescued Luka, Stood tall before them. A wide grin was on his face. "Welcome friends, to the city of  Alteriose. A simple place, really."

"Then what are we doing here?" Shadow asks.

Luka takes a different stance on the entire situation, having the bravery to ask the question that was still not yet answered. "First things first....Just who are you, anyway? Im not going anywhere until you answer me." The girl crosses her arms and did in fact refuse to move, even after a few nudges from the Domestica.

He pauses and sighs. "Geez....So serious. Makes me almost want to stick you back in the cell. Too bad I do need you...." His tone of voice quickly shifts to that of a sort of mean seriousness. "Alright. You really wanna know? My name is Rocco Magabor. A Domestica from the village of Wolo. My goal....." He looks to the city. "To save the world from evil. From those who want to take this world as their's "

Shadow and Luka both were hit with confusion. Rocco had a very wide and impossible goal.

"And....? How exactly are you gonna reach that goal?" Shadow asks, still a bit resistant to the much taller Domestica's ideas and eccentricity.

"Simple. by gathering a team of the strongest. The smartest. The best. A team that can help combat evil anywhere it rears its ugly head." He smiles, looking at the two. He hopes to have complemented them in some way. By their slightly angry looks, he had not accomplished that. Rocco makes a sheepish laugh and looks back to the city. "Anyway... To help me with that, I've purchased an HQ for us. Right here in the city of Alteriose."

He takes a deep breath to admire the view. The buildings of Alteriose were made of concrete and were wider rather than reaching into the sky. They were mostly blue and pale white. The plains around them seemed to stretch for miles around them, all the way towards the mountains. Rocco gets back yp onto the carriage to grab the reigns of the horses. "Come! Just a few moments ride from the Head quarters!"

Shadow and Luka both look at each other with unease. Even they both could agree that Rocco was a nut case. His goal was impossible, as the two of them both personally experienced. But, it was also a fact that they had no where else to go. Even as much as Luka boasted about leaving, she really was unable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aaaaaaaaand here it is!"

Large, thick, white doors open into a corridor. Electrical lights lit up the corridor and showed the beauty of the hall. Red carpet from the door to a set of a couple stairs, white walls with blue-colored pillars. Rocco leads the two of them in. Shadow's bare feet and Luka's paws feet the carpet, which was cold for some reason. The couple of steps; maybe 5, were a black color. Rocco jetted up them and yelled out something that surprises both of his two new guest.

"Hey! I brought some more people to help our cause!

Shadow and Luka walk up the stairs, with caution now. The room that they walked into was large. By what Rocco said it was pretty safe to assume that there was someone else here.

And that assumption would be right.....

Walking into the room and looking to the left would reveal who Rocco was yelling out to. Sitting at a table was an Avarian girl. She was of purple-colored feathers. She looks at the two through her glasses. She was too busy writing on papers to talk to them, it seemed.

So, Rocco did it for her. "Shadow, Luka...This lovely lady here is Shirko. She handles all the things that I personally am too busy and/or illiterate to do. Bills, paperwork. The likes."

"My name is Dabney. Dabney Shirko. You just dont remember my first name, Rocco..." She says to him in an annoyed tone. She gets up from the table and walks towards Shadow and Luka with a paper in her hand. She stops right in front of them and signs the paper before giving it to Shadow. "And this here, is your first assignment. Please respond accordingly."

Shadow makes a confused face. He shifts his eyes from Shirko to the paper to Shirko again. "What?
© Copyright 2014 Juniper (junipern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998768-1-3-For-You