*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204061-Nodding-Affirmations
Rated: E · Short Story · Opinion · #2204061
A different take on things.



A nodding affirmation doesn't speak. Preserving its place of approval, an agreeable position gives meaning to what you say. Wanting to make everyone happy, you don't want to devoid yourself of satisfying that urge. Many nodding affirmations consist of agreeing pleasantly with everything that is said. You're a people pleaser; it's not necessarily what you want to be.

Taking on too much will make you feel like a jellyfish. An adrenaline rush to the head makes you eager to do many things. When your head moves up and down, you're mostly agreeable to everything it appears. This is when a nodding affirmation is triggered. Since the outcome would be overwhelming, this would be the most vulnerable I would perceive. You don't want to do much of anything. You've become so exhausted. All you want to do is curl up in your bed. Everyone wonders why you've developed a snappy attitude. They wouldn't understand, even if you told them what was wrong.

Nodding affirmations come about when you pretend to be somebody you're not. You'd think someone had a bubbling personality, for they appeared to be very happy. The facade is so convincing. Due to experiencing the strains of life that keep getting dumped on their shoulders, you wouldn't know what it was, but, beneath that facade, you'd find someone who was very sad and hurt.

When you agree to something, a nodding affirmation can get you into trouble when you meant to say no.

Nodding affirmations are corrected when you get to the point of saying no and begin to shake your head. It looks like you were agreeing with something you disagreed with.

When you shake your head from side to side, or say the word no, you've mastered the ability of not being a people pleaser.
It is an accomplishment when you turn into a genuinely happy person. This is not a bad thing. You can now celebrate your victory. You are no longer overwhelmed by having too many nodding affirmations.


Written By Anna Marie Carlson
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Revised on Saturday, October 26, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204061-Nodding-Affirmations