*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205740-Soft-Glimmers
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2205740
When this title came to my head, I liked it.



It was a heavenly sight, divine in all its splendor. Shimmering lights glistened like diamonds all through the night sky. On the outskirts of a crystal clear blue bay, spectacular designs arose during the day in little soft glimmers. The lake was sparkling fine; it was the perfect place to dine. It was indescribably splendacious when you said that you'd be mine.

Guided by the strength of your command, I decided to take a stand. Telling me things I adore, meant a lot to my friends and family too. Making me believe in what I could do, gave me the courage to do what I thought I couldn't do. Running a half marathon was a huge accomplishment. By taking little steps, I gauged myself one step at a time. I walked and ran, doing the best I could. With a smile on my face, I ran through the finish line. The lighted candle set the stage for believing in myself.

Soft glimmers of hope gave me the willpower to cope. Haven't you heard? Having to doubt what this is about is absurd. Instead of second-guessing myself, I'd count my blessings. It wouldn't be exempt to hold me in contempt. Don't be discouraged, be encouraged. We are valued, not devalued. Good things happen when you believe.

My eyes couldn't help but stare. The scenery was so beautiful. It was the trance of perfection appearing in front of me. I thought I was dreaming. My memory fixated itself into a complete solitude of comfort. Friendships and family became a bond that couldn't be broken. At the time, the world seemed to be just right.

Returning to a time when we felt content, happy, and peaceful, our future looked bright. Highlighted with soft glimmers of light, a brilliant future, filled with hope, could put forth a marvelous pathway of light.


Written by Anna Marie Carlson
Saturday, November 16, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205740-Soft-Glimmers