*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319682-The-Sweater-Incident
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2319682
Flash Flction
The Sweater Incident

“Oh, my sweater! Hold on!”

“We don’t have time for this,” Dad said.

“Well, what are we going to do,” Mom said, “It’s cold out.”

“A sweater, coat, she should already have them when she comes down…”

“She’s five. What we really need is a place for stuff down here.”

“Yes, but where?” Dad looked around the rooms downstairs. It was a tiny house. They loved the house but really, no closets downstairs? They had just accepted the fact, but with Sarah it was now an issue.”

Dad thought about this all day. Finally coming up with an incredible solution. As soon as he thought of it, he rushed to tell Mom!

“We can block off about two feet at the top of the stairs, put a step stool in the living room, Sarah can do steps! Then put a door on it and we can keep all out coats and sweaters in it!” he told Mom excitedly.

“Two feet off the top? Won’t that make it a bit close for us adults to get upstairs?”

“Well, you and I probably won’t get any taller and we fit… close, I wouldn’t wear a hat up the steps, but we would fit! Sarah might get taller but years from now and she won’t want to live here by then.”

“Interesting… but how about instead, we clear out the pot closet and put all the big pots in the basement. I can go get what I need when I need it. It’s small, but big enough for a couple coats for each of us…”

“Oh… yes. That’s a better idea… I’ll go down cellar and clear a nice spot for your pots,” he went down.

“Is Daddy sad?” asked Sarah.

“He’ll get over it,” Mom said, smiling, “he always does.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319682-The-Sweater-Incident