*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321469-A-Return-Favor
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Activity · #2321469
Dan meets a beauty with issues. 300 words
A Return Favor


Dan Crosse watched at a beautiful woman in exercise wear made a point of coming to sit beside him on the subway. She handed him a note.

“Could you do me a favor?”

When he nodded, she handed him another.

“My name is Sybil Verve. See the guy in the leathers? He’s stalking me. Pretend we’re a couple and start showing some PDA.”

He was happy to. As they started necking, Dan noticed the guy in the leathers wasn’t watching.

“I better amp it up a notch,” he said quietly in her ear.

Without further ado, he began to pile it on thick. The woman whispered to him.

“Can we go to your place? I’d feel safer if I didn’t go home. He knows where I live.”

Being the chivalrous type, Dan agreed.

A month later, Dad was dejectedly riding the subway, afraid to go home.

“How could I have been so gullible. I took Sybil at face value. Now I can’t get rid of her! She’s so needy and clingy. My life isn’t my own!” he muttered.

Then he saw him! The same man in leathers that had been on the car with him a month ago that Sybil claimed to be afraid of.

“We have to talk,” Dan decided.

He approached the man and began friendly banter.

“Can I buy you a beer?” he asked.

When he agreed, the two walked off at the next stop and looked for the first beer joint they could find.

“Yeah, I know Sybil. She’s my sister,” the man in leathers told Dan when he finally asked.

“Can you get her away from me?” Dan pleaded.

“Sure, but I’ll have to beat you up. Then she’ll believe it when I say you were with another woman. Ready?”

Dan nodded.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2321469-A-Return-Favor