*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323746-Ishvarsya-Vishaye
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #2323746
An evolving metaphysical treatise in the form of a dialogue
The master sat beneath the shade of a nearby fig tree. Through the canopy of leaves which rustled gently in the early summer breeze, they basked in the warm, sweetly scented glow. It would have been unclear to anywho observed as to whether that spacious and gentle warmth surround them or emminated from them.
At this time, the youth approached them.

O master, I have come to inform you of the goings on. The wagons have been unloaded, and the tents are being raised. The perimeter of the fire pit is marked, and the meal preparations are beginning.

This, I can see with my own eyes and none of this requires my specific attention. My own tent is raised, and the duties assigned to me have been completed. In all of the stopping places we have occupied, you have never felt the need to keep me so thoroughly and informed. My young friend, you cannot deceive me. It is clear that something weighs upon your heart and troubles your mind. Come, sit with me, and unburden yourself.

With these words from the master, the youth dropped his shoulders and sighed in joyous defeat, for the master had pierced through to the reality yet again.
Sitting down beside the master upon the unfurled mat, the youth joined hands in a sincere plea of benediction, and spoke.

O master, you see through me. The eyes of your heart act as the sunshine on a cloudy day, and cut through the illusion of my pretense. This proves to me even more that it is you who can bring a honest and truthful answer to my heat and mind.
Master, you have instructed all of us in the rituals of spiritual discipline. Through your tutelage the rites of purification are known. The recitation of prayers, the daily worship of Ishvara through the offerings to the fire, and the creation of sacred spaces in auspices areas of the land are all observed. This has brought prosperity to the people, and squarely placed Ishvara upon a cornerstone of love within our hearts.
All is well, and yet there are questions in my mind and a yearning in my heart. I know that Ishvara is my worshipable sovereign, and that They are the wellspring of all being. Yet, I do not feel as if I truly know Them. I know not the state in which They conduct all of this activity, or where it is that They reside. I know not of the conditions of Their personhood, nor do I clearly conceive the relationship between Them and my own Self.
That is upon my mind. Within my heart, a yearning persists. This yearning is the desire to ever closer to my beloved Ishvara, who is closer to me than any even though I do not understand Their nature. For I have heard you say that They are the source of all bliss.
Master, I humbly bow to you and beg of you to please, alleviate the burden of these obstructions. Seeking your instruction, I surrender to your knowledge and wisdom.

Having heard all of this, the master stretched out their hand, and placed it upon the crown of the youths head.

My young friend, I am greatly happy to hear you say this. In truth, your discontent and desire for knowledge is characteristic of the beginnings of stepping onto the path which ultimately leads to oneself. For it is only that disquiet of the mind and heart that causes us to stir from our slumbering state, and seek the reality of Being. Come now, rise as my disciple, and I shall reveal to you that which is hidden to those who do not walk this path.
© Copyright 2024 Yogi Deva-Das (yogideva-das at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323746-Ishvarsya-Vishaye