*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323791-A-Second-First-Date
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lizzie
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest · #2323791
A widow steps back into the dating scene with the help of her daughter contest
Bonnie nervously fumbled the buttons on her blouse. Tonight was big for her: it was the first time she had dated in over 40 years. She hadn't wanted to get out there again, but her daughter finally convinced her. Besides, Raeni was right, Dave would understand. He would have wanted her to go on, to be happy, even remarry.

"Raeni," she called from the top of the staircase, "Come tell me what you think of this outfit? I think it's perfect."

Raeni took one look at her mother and began laughing. "Mom, are you really going to wear that?"

"What do you mean? What's wrong with it?"

"You need a little tease with your outfit, a slit up the skirt, a plunging neckline. You want him to want more, Mom. He doesn't want to date the poster child for soccer team."

"I don't have anything like that," she replied.

"We wear the same size, Mom," Raeni giggled. "Just borrow something in my closet. But you might want to hurry. He'll be here in half an hour."

She gave a little moan and headed for her daughter's closet. She found a little black dress that she thought would please Raeni, who seemed to know what her date would like.

"What about this?" she asked, twirling around.

"Perfect!" Raeni exclaimed.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Bonnie took a deep breath and answered it, knowing her life would never be the same again.


243 words
© Copyright 2024 Lizzie (lizzie2694 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323791-A-Second-First-Date