*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323803-Grunge-Controls-Fire
by Sumojo
Rated: E · Fiction · Educational · #2323803
Caveman discovers fire
354 words

Grunge! Come and see. Tree hot.

Tree hot? Have you lost your mind, Ag?

No, it is true Grunge. I see with my own eyes.

Ah, Ag, my man. I think you drinking from the magic water again.

No, Grunge. I told you last big moon I am not going near magic water ever again. Come. I take you. I show you.

Ag! You tell me lies, too many times. But I will come see your hot tree even though I have only seen that trees are good for hiding from the sky when the burning ball is high.

See, Grunge! I told you!

Ah, Ag, you speak true. I see the tree is hot. It could have been struck by the same spear of light that made Egga dead last time the wind was strong, and the sky was angry.

Grunge! What are you going to do with that stick? You must not go so near to the hot tree.

Ag! See now the hot thing has moved to the stick. I shall take it back to my cave and show my mate.


Hey, Zog! I bring you gift.

Grunge? What have you done now? What is that? Ow! Your gift brings pain on my fingers. Take it away.

Zog, do not fear. Now, see how it lights and warms the cave? If I put this stick on to more sticks, we shall have even bigger light to see when the sun leaves the sky.

It could frighten the beasts away from the cave. They are getting too brave. That would be good thing.

That is true. It will be good. Zog, we must not get too close. Do not touch it. But I like how it feels. I shall call it a name. Fire! ... it is like the sun, but here with us. It is hot, like the midday sun, but it does not hurt when we are careful. It gives light in the dark, like the moon, but brighter. It dances and moves, like the wind, but we can hold it still with sticks and stones.”

Grunge! You are my hero.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323803-Grunge-Controls-Fire