*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323971-Alex-and-Me---WC-490
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Pets · #2323971
Writer's Cramp - 7/22/24


“We’re almost there Alex. Finally. I see the Road’s Inn ahead. Time to get some rest.”

A small growl from the back seat told me this was a good decision. I turned into the parking lot.

It seemed like a decent place for a night. A few cars in the parking lot, a swimming pool with a few users, mostly lap swimmers. Not busy. That’s good.

The sign on the door said they took pets, with an additional fee. Another perk since I couldn’t leave Alex in the car all night. He needed room to stretch out.

“Welcome to Road’s Inn! How may I help you?” Perky Elaine behind the desk smiled broadly.

“Yes, well, hello. I need a room for the night. And I have a pet.”

“Wonderful! Let me set you up, sir. How many in the room?” Elaine clicked her computer keys, searching for my room, it seemed.

“Just one adult, and my large pet. A bigger bed size would be great. Do you offer breakfast?”

“Breakfast is included, yes sir. I do have a room with one king bed. Would that work for you?”

“Perfect.”

“It will be $150 plus $25 for your pet. With tax and fees, the total is $234.”

“Hmm. Well, okay. I’ll take it.” I gave Elaine my credit card.

Elaine shoved a paper before me. “Here is our pet policy. Basically you won’t leave your pet unattended and any damages will be charged to your credit card. Please sign at the bottom. And no pets are allowed in the breakfast area.”

“What if my animal is a support animal? You know, like an emotional support animal.”

Elaine considered this request. She looked stymied, as if no one had ever asked that question before.

“I will have to check with management. Please sign the form, sir. Then I can give you your key.”

“Okay. But let me know, please. Alex is more than a pet. He’s my emotional support animal.”

Elaine pushed my key across the counter. “Room 240 is outside, around the back. Have a nice night.” She dismissed me by turning her back and fiddling with papers.

“Right. Thanks.” I headed to the car.

Alex as usual was glad to see me. So I got Alex on a leash, got my bag and we headed to room 240. We both slept, although Alex hogged the bed. I slept in a chair, until time for breakfast.

Elaine hadn’t let me know about animals in the breakfast room, so Alex and I headed off to find food once it was time for breakfast. When we walked in, the small crowd did a double-take. Then they ran out, screaming.

Alex stood beside me. His seven foot height was a bit off-putting. But I guess the real kicker, what really scared most of the guests, were those flames emitted when he gets excited. And boy, does the smell of bacon excite my pet dragon.


W/C 490






© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJean CheerleaderSoon (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323971-Alex-and-Me---WC-490