*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324261-The-Surprise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2324261
Flash Fiction
The Surprise

“This has gone too far,” Alex said.

“Well, it was your idea!” Jeff yelled at Alex.

“Woah!” Alex said, “It’s your project, I’m just the helper! I was talking about the box!”

“Huh?”

“The box, it sticks out, you can’t shut the door.”

“Oh… sorry, let me look.”

Jeff looked, and then said, “If we stick one end toward the floor and the other up, it will fit.

They did that, the box fit.

“I’m sorry I snapped at you…”

“Jeff! I know you’re nervous, but really, I think this is going to work. I know Sandy better than you do. In a different way, of course. But you don’t know a person since the day they were born and not know how they will react to something. My sister will love this!”

“I’m an only child. But I’ll take your word for it.”

“OK! Let’s go!”

They arrived at Alex’s house minutes later, nobody was home.

“OK, you take one end I’ll take the other.” They got the box out of the car and carried it in and up to Sandy’s room. Opening the door, the room looked like a tornado hit it!”

“What happened?” Jeff said.

“What? Her room always looks like this…” Alex said, looking around.

“Always? You can’t even walk in here, where are we putting the balloons?”

“Just empty the box and let them go, they’ll all go up to the ceiling!”

They did, but Alex got all the glory from the surprise. Jeff had suddenly, completely gotten over his crush on Sandy!

Sandy didn’t mind, she loved the balloons, plus she actually had a crush on someone else. Someone everyone sneakily called “Trash Boy” because he always left a mess. It was a match made in Heaven. Well, a few years down the road…
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324261-The-Surprise