*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324050-Opposites
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2324050
Flash Fiction
Opposites

“Gerald! Got a minute?”

Gerald cringed. Not only did he not have a minute, it was Sandra. Sandra was new…

“Ah,” he started politely, “I really don’t, I’m almost late already for the meeting.” He held up his briefcase and jacket to prove he was really on his way somewhere.

“Half a minute will do!” she added quickly sounding as if she was really having an important issue.

Stepping closer, he tried, “I don’t have time for this.”

But she grabbed his arm and turned him toward her desk. There was her computer screen all wobbly acting and colored lines shooting across the screen.

“What happened!?” he asked, his meeting forgotten.

“I just turned it on! Really, just a while ago!”

As he got closer however, he saw an empty cardboard coffee cup sitting on her desk. “What’s this?” he asked.

“I just used that cup for water, my screen was dirty so I decided to wash it off.”

“You can’t wash a computer screen with plain water!” he spurted out.

“And I certainly did not! I used window cleaner first and then rinsed it off with the water!” she spoke sharply, “I know how to clean things!”

Gerald knew she was new to this. They only gave her a computer to use because they didn’t have any actual typewriters.

“I’m sorry Sandra,” he said, “we should have given you more training on computers… or gotten you a real typewriter…”

“Or taught me to clean computers apparently… I do have a brain you know, I just never used computers before!”

Gerald laughed, and then so did Sandra. They both found the humor in the situation. Gerald eventually got to his meeting, and Sandra got a typewriter.

Six months later the whole group happily attended their wedding. Sometimes opposites do attract.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324050-Opposites