*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325266-Misunderstanding
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2325266
365 word challenge mode, Thursday Prompt: Word = Misunderstanding.
“Ashley, where’s my Kesha T-shirt?” Rebecca barked at her sister, who was sitting on the edge of her bed holding an open book.

“I didn’t take your stupid shirt!” Ashley retorted while flipping through the pages of her book, not really paying any attention to the canine that had just entered her room.

Rebecca placed her hands on her hips and glared at the fellow German shepherd from across the room.

“You did laundry earlier, and the shirt was in there. Now it’s gone! Where is it?” she demanded.

“Why would I want an ugly shirt with a terrible singer's name on it?” Ashley questioned, carefully closing her book and placing it beside her, finally paying full attention to her sister.

Rebecca gasped, placed her hand over her heart, and looked at her sister with a hurt expression. “You take that back! Kesha is a national treasure!”

Ashley rolled her eyes. “She’s also the reason we’ve gotten so many noise complaints over the past few months.”

“Hey, it’s not her fault people don’t know how to enjoy her music!” Rebecca crossed her arms and stared at her sister with a grave expression.

“Seriously, where did you put my shirt?” she repeated, not fully believing her sibling.

“For the last time, I don’t know where your stupid shirt is!” Ashley growled in annoyance.

Just at that moment, their mother, Natasha, stopped near the bedroom doorway.

“You two aren’t fighting again, I hope?” she asked while looking back and forth between the two shepherds with a calm yet serious expression.

Ashley and Rebecca smiled innocently and gave their best puppy-dog eyes.

“No, Mom,” they said in unison.

“Good to hear! Oh, and Rebecca, I folded your clothes and put them in your dresser,” Natasha added.

Rebecca looked at her mother, dumbfounded and somewhat embarrassed. “Oh…thanks, Mom.”

“You're welcome. Don’t forget to clean your room while I’m gone,” Natasha demanded while walking away.

As soon as their mother was far enough away, Ashley looked at her sister and smirked.

“A ‘sorry’ would be greatly appreciated.”

Rebecca growled through gritted teeth and angrily stormed off. “Shut up, nerd!”

“You're just angry 'cause I’m right!” Ashley called out to her.
© Copyright 2024 Kile Johnson (kilejohnson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325266-Misunderstanding