*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325567-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #2325567
Dark Society
Cottonwood Falls, Kansas

On a sultry spring day, Tim and Julia attended their daughter's high school graduation. At only 18, Sabrina is an avid enthusiast of Mathematics and Engineering, while furthering an aptitude in spirituality and occultism. And so, while attending Chase County High School, countless influential friendships developed.

Most notably, a profound affinity with Raina Henderson. (A lifelong practitioner Sabrina met during her initial year). Unsurprisingly, she too stood labeled an occultist, so it was academic they'd befriend one another.

In the ensuing weeks, Raina and Sabrina often isolated together, honing their skills. Though in time, they'd meet other churchgoers, Michelle and Marc Dyson, then Kim Savage, Denise Hawthorne, and Rachelle Sullivan. Each, a pupil of Saint Anthony's with comparable aptitudes and pursuits.

Under those circumstances, the group began casting spells together, while also mastering the Wicca doctrine. (A sacred oath Sabrina and her mother adhered too). As of today, this graduating class would be the largest in the lore of the academy. Leaving aside, Tim loathed dressing up or wearing a suit, so Julia rendered a much-needed distraction.

"Where is she?" he quizzed, searching the crowd.

Promptly, Julia simpered.

"Be patient; there's a lot to do,"

With success, Tim is an architect for a well-known developer, while Julia oversees the home and mentors Sabrina. Anonymously, she also retains mystical abilities, so Tim commonly shelters the family from outside influences.

On a different note, Sabrina had decided to attend college abroad, and as expected, Tim and Julia weren't thrilled. Over this, there were many heartfelt trade-offs about what compromise was appropriate. Pending that, they'd spend the day savoring their daughter's achievement.

"I thought we wouldn't see you until later," Julia implied as Sabrina arrived.

With pleasure, Sabrina twinkled as Tim took a picture. And though her parents could be oppressive, she loved seeing them elated. Not to mention, their contentment was a focal point of her resolve.

"You're going to embarrass me, aren't you?" Sabrina joked.

"Who me?" Julia returned, seemingly gratified.

Thereafter, Sabrina neared her father and adjusted his collar.

"Everything all right?"

"There's no need to worry; I'll be fine,"

Unexpectedly, Sabrina cuddled.

"I hope you're proud,"

Beaming, he peered into his daughters' dark eyes.

"You know I am,"

Ensuingly, graduates ascended the echelon and accepted their degrees. Collectively, this is a time in life when families feel joyous and proud. In contrast, the day also heralded a period of upheaval and a precarious future.

Considering a college education was a costly excursion many couldn't afford. In which case, Sabrina gaped at her diploma, wondering if she stood ordained for something more.

Whatever the case, following many heartfelt goodbyes and memorable photos; graduation ended. Later that evening, as Tim sat on the porch, Sabrina looked on with deep empathy.

At long last, she'd become an adult, but in Tim's eyes, Sabrina would always be his little girl. On those grounds, she wanted to be subtle in her approach. And yet, as the passé springs whined, Tim didn't budge.

"Can we talk?" she pleaded, jostling the door back and forth.

Across the board, emotions were evident as Tim's eyes appeared bloodshot and swollen. That being so, Sabrina occupied a seat, determined to soothe his torment. For some time, she'd suffered the afflictions of various inexplicable abilities. All the while, Tim sought to empathize with Sabrina's transition, but he wasn't handling it well.

"I don't want you to go,"

Gradually, Sabrina scoured her dark hair aside.

"If I stay, you'll never forgive yourself, and begrudge me for not seizing the opportunity,"

"You'll be so far away," Tim retaliated. "Alone in a foreign and diverse country."

Leisurely, Sabrina squeezed close as the mutuality they shared felt serene. However, despite many heartfelt sentiments, nothing facilitated their spirits. Moreover, Sabrina seemed panicked, knowing she'd soon face the future alone. And this time, the risks were higher than a childish suspension or mediocre grade.

Either way, leaving for college was a reality every parent faced. Without forgetting, Sabrina had evolved, and due to her gifts, the world wouldn't be as accepting. For this purpose, they'd soon reach a point of acceptance.

"You've done everything asked of you," she included. "I have no resentment, and neither should you."

Suddenly, Tim swiveled as Julia crowded the doorway, captivated by the bond between a father and daughter.

"I know you're there," Sabrina expressed, peeping.

"I'll always be," Julia echoed, stirring onto the porch.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325567-Chapter-2