*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325614-Six-Angels-5--Phoenix
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2325614
Lyra comes back from night patrol to some scary news; the demons base has been found
Being one of the only two angels who could fight and heal fast, Lyra was unfortunately sentenced to wander the streets of Hecate at night on a rotating shift with Scarlett. So wander she did, only unlike Scarlett and Jolt, she didn’t like picking up men and women. In fact, she actively hated the attention she got for being the chubbiest of the group. Some people mocked her for it, others had this disgusting look in their eyes showing that they’d much rather be in a bedroom with her. Flicking long brown hair out of her face to reveal fiery orange eyes, Lyra was at least glad to be going back to the club for the night. She had killed, lets see... One, two three... about five demons that night.

And wouldn’t you know it, there was yet another one within the bus stop she was sitting in. She could feel their presence and eyes on her, feel their lust towards her body. Great, another sicko. At least this one she had a reason to burn to a crisp. Given they were the only two within the stop, she could probably do it without people noticing. Even if they did, the police were under Scarlett’s heel. Standing up and straightening her dress, Lyra re-applied her lipstick, and with a quick glance, she saw that the demon was coming straight towards her, the nearby camera having been broken and lying on the floor. She sighed, putting her lipstick away as the demon reached for her... and promptly burst into flames. She couldn’t imagine the pain they felt, but if the scream was anything to go by, her fire must have been pretty damn effective.

“Sorry, but... you kinda picked the wrong person.” said Lyra, watching the demon stumble backwards and fall to the floor, trying to use their powers to put out the fire.

Unfortunately for them, nothing would work. These flames consumed or healed all that Lyra commanded, and she was all too happy to have another of these blasted... things, off the streets of Hecate city. The demon was not having it, and once they were able to pick themselves up off the floor, they launched themselves at her, still on fire. Thus, Lyra made them suffer the finishing blow; a blast of lighting coursed through their heart, killing them in a very painful but quick death. With that, all was silent again, and Lyra used a more powerful fire to turn the charred corpse into a pool of ashes. A few seconds later, the bus arrived, and she couldn’t be happier to see the doors open to Scarlett sitting in the window seat, wearing the usual suit and tie, minus the jacket. Lyra climbed in and sat beside her.

“Have a good hunt?” asked Scarlett.

“Just made my sixth. Not as much as you, but that’s fine by me.” said Lyra.

“They’re becoming more and more common. Seems the Devil’s Seraph is ramping up their attempts to take the city.” sighed Scarlett. “If only we could find out where these guys were coming from, I could take a few soldiers and crush them.”

“Do you think the demon core is on the move?” asked Lyra.

“That would explain a lot, particularly if it’s here in the city. Though I doubt they’re stupid enough to bring it to the angel’s doorstep.” said Scarlett, the bus doors closing.

“No use worrying about something we can’t control. For now, lets just be happy that we have a safe haven. Plus, you did eliminate one of the hellspawn last night, didn’t you?” asked Lyra.

“That’s right. One down, God knows how many more to go.”

“We’re doing the best we can, Scar.” said Lyra, laying her soft hand on Scarlett’s bigger one. Scarlett looked at her with a raised brow and after a few seconds, a little smile came across her face.

“Aye, that we are. I just hope its good enough.” said Scarlett. With that, the two of them fell into silence until Scarlett’s phone rang. She picked up almost immediately, as it was her work mobile.

“Evening Stella. How can I-” she began, but quickly fell into silence. Her face morphed slowly from tired to shocked, and then a sinister smile crept across her face.

“We’ll be back ASAP. Thanks.” Scarlett said, snapping her phone shut as the call ended. “She’s located their base of operations.”

“Wait, you’re serious?” asked Lyra, her face going a little pale. “We won’t be going immediately, will we?”

“Of course not. I need to prepare a few things before we attack. But we will have a meeting on return.”

“Damn. I was hoping to have a peaceful night reading manga with Meysa...” pouted Lyra.

“You’ll get your chance. For now, lets just get home.” said Scarlett, her once exhausted expression now replaced with one of excitement.
© Copyright 2024 R.S.V.R (r.s.v.r at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325614-Six-Angels-5--Phoenix