*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325618-Six-Angels-6--Purple-Soul
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2325618
Stella attends a meeting with the other five angels on how to deal with the demon threat
Stella shuffled herself into the conference room deep down in the bunker with the other five angels, all gathered by emergency from their various tasks. As usual, Meysa looked tired of everyone’s shit, Jolt was pissed that she had to leave the party upstairs, Terra looked uncomfortable being around people, and Lyra was bored. But they all had enough respect for Scarlett to be in the same room together. Stella sat down at the wide table, leaning her cane against it – her back thankfully wasn’t acting up today – and blew the short black hair out of her eyes, adjusting her glasses. Scarlett then started the meeting.

“I’ll cut to the chase... we’ve located the demon’s base of operations here in Hecate city.” she started. This got everyone’s immediate attention.

“Are you certain?” asked Meysa.

“Stella’s spirit sense doesn’t lie, and I had a walk around the area with a suppression ring on.” Scarlett’s blood red eyes locked with Stella’s royal purple ones.

“It’s one hundred percent their hub.” said Stella, arms crossed. “I think they must’ve slipped up with their barrier for a few minutes or something, but the force was so overwhelming that it couldn’t be anything else.”

“And if it’s a trap?” asked Terra nervously, fidgeting with her hands.

“Oh, it’s a trap aright. The Devil’s Seraph wants us to go there, and I’m going to bet they’ll try to take this building out while we’re away.” said Scarlett.

“Well what do we do then? If we divide our forces, there’s no way we’ll be able to win.” said Jolt, looking around.

“That’s IF we divide our forces.” said Scarlett. Once again this silenced the entire table.

“You aren’t suggesting that we go all out, are you?” asked Meysa. “You know that only four of us are good in a fight.”

“I’m suggesting that we call in a friend.” said Scarlett with a grin.

“No... No, absolutely not. Said Terra, standing up. This was rare for her. “I refuse to work with that damned-”

“Don’t worry, you won’t be working with her.” said Stella. “Sakura owes us big time, for all the little favours. Her and a few friends will stay here and protect the bunker for us while we go demon hunting.”

“I’m still against it! You know very well that trouble follows her everywhere! I don’t trust that damned demoness to do ANYTHING right, even if she has converted!”

“Unless you have a better idea, that’s what we have to roll with.” said Scarlett sternly, staring Terra down until she retook her seat. “I know that nobody is comfortable with this, but we’re out of options. If the Devils Seraph themselves is part of this trap, they’ll likely have the core with them. It would explain why there have been so many demons in the city as of late, along with why I encountered a hellspawn last night.”

“Did you save the body?” asked Meysa, actually seeming a bit excited for once.

“What was left of it, yeah. It’s awaiting you in the morgue. Just remember to have the holy water on standby.” said Scarlet, looking around. “Any other objections?”

The table was silent for a few moments. After nobody decided to speak, Scarlett grabbed a remote and lowered the monitor. A map came up on it, showing their location and the enemy location. Surprisingly, it wasn’t that far away.

“They’ve been under our nose the whole damned time?” Asked Jolt, furious.

“With a very powerful barrier, yeah. Likely set up by the Devil’s Seraph themselves.” said Lyra. “I was with Scar when she looked into it. Doesn’t look like much on the outside, but there were two hellspawn outside the door.”

“How could you tell?” asked Terra. “This had better not be a wild goose chase.”

“Because regular humans don’t have runic tattoos, or swords on their backs.” said Scarlett. “I want everyone to prepare for the worst case scenarios. Meysa, see what you can find from the corpse, and then prepare our gear. Everyone else, be on the lookout for anything strange upstairs. If the Devil’s Seraph is truly in town, they might try to provoke us into an early attack. I don’t want my damn club becoming a war zone. Dismissed.”

With that, everyone stood up, Stella included. Lyra came over to her while everyone else was leaving and hooked arms with her.

“You going to be okay in a fight?” she asked. Stella smiled at her.

“I’ll be okay, I think. Though it would be nice if you’d take a look at my back beforehand.” she said.

“Of course! I’ll do it right now.” said Lyra, bubbly as ever. She had a lot of respect for Stella, and the two had been good friends ever since they’d met.

“Oh, and sweetheart? Thanks.” said Stella, being helped along by a now grinning Lyra.
© Copyright 2024 R.S.V.R (r.s.v.r at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325618-Six-Angels-6--Purple-Soul