*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326418-Chapter-15
Rated: E · Chapter · Mystery · #2326418
Dark Society
Early this morning, the alarm erupted in a barrage, awakening the most chronic sleeper. Except that, as others roused, Sabrina lay still, again impeded by nightmares of an elusive girl. Like herself in stature, but to all intents and purposes, different. Equally, the apparition seemed startling due to the similarities to her mother.

As a result, Sabrina entered the bathroom, caressing the birthmark on her wrist. (The same blemish Jennifer and others had noted in recent months). At a glance, something was happening, and as gazes lifted, the effects of the ascension recurred. Once again, Sabrina appeared sallow and pale, amid varying eye tints.

As this took place, she became panicked and settled against the counter. Though, while struggling to adhere, an audible thump resonated from the next room. And so, Sabrina peered into the mirror and assessed her state of mind. For months, everyone believed Sabrina was a vivacious spirit, yet she was anything but. Nevertheless, she often took comfort from seeing her housemates. Though, as the door opened, the hallways appeared deserted, or so she thought.

“Did you make coffee?” Tatum uttered, striding inside.

Confused, Sabrina sneered and shut the door.

“I'm sorry,” Tatum affirmed. ”I assumed we were going to campus together,"

Without a word, Sabrina passed through the kitchen and opened a cupboard as Tatum noted her disposition.

“Is everything alright?”

Like always, Sabrina induced a grin, while organizing mugs.

“Fine,”

That said, Tatum groaned.

“If you say so,”

Naturally enough, Sabrina humored, wanting to change the topic.

“Did you see Lyndsey?”

With a wink, Tatum nodded.

“Yeah,” she returned. “Always enthusiastic.”

Smirking, Sabrina lifted a brow.

“Not a surprise,” she mumbled. “Lyndsey's upbeat about everything.”

Slowly, Tatum shrugged.

“True,” she confirmed. “But, there are benefits to being friends with the sisterhood,”

Progressively, Sabrina inched towards the window as Lyndsey and others assembled outside. (Everyone that was, except Trina and Jasmine).
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326418-Chapter-15