*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326422-Chapter-17
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #2326422
Dark Society
For a bit, Sabrina remained fixed on Luis. And though discreet, subtle glances revealed an interest. All that aside, Tatum soon noted the continuous gestures.

“What the hell?”

“Alex was attractive,” Sabrina admitted, facing front. “His friend, though, is even more handsome.”

Meanwhile, Alex took his seat, appearing excited.

“What did you find out?” Luis requested, shifting.

“The brunette is personable, but somewhat shy,”

Without delay, Luis leaned forward and gazed.

“There's something more,”

“Her name's Sabrina, and her friend goes by Tatum.”Alex confirmed.

In a blink, Luis beamed and relaxed. (Her name was Sabrina -- a name he'd remember). Beyond that, Luis and Alex weren't the only ones taking notice. Because also watching were Karen Solomon and her devoted sisterhood.

“Who's she?” Karen questioned, peering.

“I don't know,” Sienna murmured, pitching forth. “But she's not one of them,”

Sienna Quinn stood as the profound second within the society. Often perceived as rebellious, her primary concern is to protect the coven. As a bonus, she retains an invaluable insight into spiritual gifts, so it's not unusual to perceive someone's ethereal aura. Comparatively, the kinship with sister Dena Pierce remains strong, and due to shared philosophies, she'd bonded instantly.

Lamentably, escalating defiance towards Wicca statute continues to afflict her practice. In this regard, Bishop Luen often mentors Dena with a stern hand. Despite that, the appeasing nature of sister Lesley Ashton often prevailed. (A fiery redhead, possessing an aptitude for witchcraft, rarely understood). More importantly, it's also recognized that she retains a passion for brutality when facing external menaces.

“She has power,” Lesley admitted, adjusting.

Immediately, Karen turned to Dena, seeking specifics. Although, she wouldn't rush any verdict based on an initial impression. Whatever the case, Sabrina stood robust, with an undeniable essence.

“I'm worried,” Dena murmured as glances altered.

Right away, Karen adjusted and squinted.

“Why?”

Without haste, Dena cringed, appearing concerned.

“She's a virtuous witch from an established bloodline,”

At a crawl, Karen leaned back, groaning.

“Impossible, unless,”

At every turn, Karen sat confused, knowing Luis preferred redheads or wenches with sandy brown hair. (Of which, neither Tatum nor Sabrina fit the description). Throughout the event, Sabrina continued to attract attention, though American women often did from their English counterparts. All the more so, Sabrina would become most popular with Luis.

“We have admirers,” Tatum joked, gathering her things.

That said, Sabrina looked at Luis.

“I see that,”

After leaving, Tatum and Sabrina spotted their housemates, returning from breakfast.

“Hey, Brie,” Kyle welcomed, wooing.

Again and again, Kyle and Logan referred to Sabrina by the nickname “Brie.” (A surname she adored and an identity she'd adopted). More than that, she loved the siblings and treasured their friendships.

“Hello, Kyle,” Sabrina replied, smiling.

In a flash, Logan gawked, recognizing the flirtatious behavior.

“Must you?”

Smirking, Kyle embraced Sabrina.

“I told you, she's mine,”

Gradually, Sabrina moved away.

“You wish,”

Immediately, Tatum scowled.

“Anyway,” she interjected. “Are we still hosting the reading?”

Confused, Sabrina glanced.

“Reading?” she quizzed. “When did this happen?”

Advancing, Logan chuckled.

“I thought you knew,”

“No: no one told me,” Sabrina voiced, glaring at Tatum.

Right away, Lyndsey took her hand.

“It's my fault,” she confessed. “I wanted to keep it a surprise, because we know how homesick you've been. So, I hope you can forgive me.”

Given that, Sabrina shrugged and giggled.

“I'll think about it,”

Immediately after, Logan glanced at his watch and gestured.

“It's time,”

Like a shot, Sabrina and Tatum headed into the west area of campus, while Lyndsey went in the opposite direction. At the same time, Luis and Alex entered the law complex. Albeit, instead of classes, Luis again remembered Sabrina.

“Hey, are you all right?” Alex inquired.

Luis hesitated, though maintained a smile.

“I'm fine,”

Suffices to say, Sabrina's symmetry and grandeur had an effect. On a similar note, Alex felt uneasy, because Luis had behaved comparably after meeting Karen. But regardless, with Sabrina, the attraction seemed stronger. Either way, Alex didn't speculate, though Luis again seemed infatuated.

For years, he found omitting challenging, as the guilt over losing Karen troubled him. In whatever way, Sabrina inspired an unexpected resurgence, and Luis wanted the first impression to be one to remember. In that respect, as news of the reading spread, it was an event he'd have to attend.

At the same time, Karen's obvious interest remained prominent, so as the room emptied, she stood watching. (Once again, hiding feelings of neglect and rejection). Irregardless, if instincts were correct, Sabrina held a dark and sinister secret.

In light of that, Karen needed to learn more, but stood at a disadvantage, not knowing where to begin. Though at that instant, she recalled Evelyn Gardens; an idle but convenient coincidence that, until now, remained overlooked. Since its inception, Karen has always directed the spiritual uprising throughout campus.

And as many factions adopted the Wicca doctrine, pupils Trina Saint Claire and Jasmine Lloyd continued to denounce it. (Known and devoted atheists who'd repeatedly acted against Karen and the sect). As a result, Trina and Jasmine often stayed in the shadows, while Karen paraded the sisterhood.

“It seems the Bishop was right,” Lesley whispered, observing.

Turning, Karen scowled.

“First, find out everything you can about this girl," she instructed. "Then, see to it, Trina and Jasmine see things our way,”

“That won't be easy,” Dena sternly remarked.

“Obtaining absolute power never is,” Karen added, smirking.

“What about Luis?” Sienna questioned.

“Leave him to me,” Karen retorted. “I'll manage the matter myself,”

In time, Karen and the sect proceeded to the dormitory, since they, and a few others, had to prepare for the reading. More importantly, with Luis possibly attending, it offered Karen another chance to reconcile.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326422-Chapter-17