*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326498-Chapter-39
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #2326498
Dark Society
For a while now, Alex stood and watched as Karen occupied the mirror, preparing for the day. Favorably, prior weeks had included many heartfelt and beneficial conversations. Thereby, with a newfound insight, they'd sheltered within an amicable estate on Osea Island.

“I'm surprised you remembered this place,” he stated.

“How could I forget?”

For him, Karen's smile was everything, and after years of doubt, they were together. In fairness, Luis occupied a place in her heart, and though their love stood unmitigated, Alex had stayed at her side through everything. Actions that'd affirmed sentiments the other now understood. Just the same, the day would proceed with the usual esoteric debates.

“You seem preoccupied,”

That said, Alex closed in.

“Aren't you, with everything going on?”

Expectedly, Karen squinted.

“Should I be?”

Then and there, Alex grasped a portrait of Trina, Jasmine, and Sabrina from the vanity, as Karen's stares sat fixed and explicit.

“What's on your mind?” she challenged, pitching forth.

“How could they be gone so long, and no one knows nothing?”

Everything being equal, Alex felt shaken, but despite that, he remained candid. If nothing else, he knew Trina and Jasmine well, so the prolonged absence seemed awkward. On the other hand, Karen always appeared composed despite the situation.

“You're being melodramatic,”

Instantly, Alex recoiled.

“It's possible, but I'm worried about you,”

Promptly, Karen smiled.

“Don't assume anything until we know more,” she proclaimed. “Besides, we have more important things to tend to.”

Not unexpectedly, Alex seemed baffled by the detached perspective, but a dissociative identity was manifesting within her. All the more, it stood clear the synagogue and the thirst for power had changed her. In the long run, preserving Karen's well-being had proved taxing, though Alex always strived to be accommodating.

“Such as?”

Right away, Karen's eyes lifted, knowing there was more at stake than a sanctified covenant. In contrast, she never spoke of the synagogue, due to the intricate entanglements.

“No need to worry; I'll be fine,”

“I always worry, you know that,”
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326498-Chapter-39