*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/955902-Youre-Weird
Rated: E · Other · Other · #955902
Maybe being weird isn't such a bad thing...
Hey you! Yeah, you, the one singing in public, dancing in line, or chit chatting with the animals. YOU’RE WEIRD!!! That’s right. I called you weird. Your strange, bizarre, and different. Do you see that man over there? No, not the one playing in the fountain, the one eating a sandwich. Do you see him? Do you see his dull face, his glazed eyes? Can you feel the emptiness when you look at him? He is unfeeling and uncaring. He does what he’s told. He’s normal. Can you see what his life has been? See how dull his childhood was? Can you see him at his low-paying, 9-5, office cubical job? Yeah, you can. And he calls you weird.

You know what? Let him! Let him call you weird! And be proud of the fact that he calls you that. Why? What do you mean why? Because you’ve earned the title ‘Different’ from a man who does everything he’s told. Because you have the ability to think outside of the box and do what you believe is right. Because you know there is more to life than just materials and money. Good for you!

What? You still don’t understand why weird is a good thing? Well, I’ll spell it out for you. Weird is a word those who swim with the current, those who are afraid of change, the conformists, give to the dreamers, thinkers, lovers, actors, singers, and artists. Weird is a word meaning you’re yourself and you won’t pretend to be someone else. It means you won’t join in the facade society throws at you. So go on and be proud. Sing to your heart’s content. Dance through the aisles of a supermarket, fall in love until you don’t give a damn, and live! Live true! Live free! Just live!
© Copyright 2005 The Wag (zzar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/955902-Youre-Weird