*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049404-Barely-Escaped-A-Creature-In-the-Basement-WC--R-13
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1049404 added May 9, 2023 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Barely Escaped A Creature In the Basement (WC , R-13+)
So, I completed my entry for the Guy In The Basement Appreciation 5-Day Mini Challenge earlier today, and he yelled at me for calling him names and threatened to have Andre come by and rough me up a bit if I did it again, I thought it was catchy, WS The Cellar Feller. But hey, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (or have Andre hurt me) so Guy In The Basement it is.

But that's neither here nor over there someplace, what I wanted to do was to stop by and apologize to GITB. I had a dozen couple of Brass Monkeys to get my nerve up before starting down the dark, creaking, and cobweb-curtained stairway.

When I reached the bottom, I realized there were no lights on except way down a narrow passage I hadn't even noticed before. It was there, plain as a dark, gloomy, and unpleasant day, but when GITBs door is open, the narrow passage is hidden behind it.

Since his door was closed and locked, I decided to go back up. I mean, there isn't a chance in Hell I was going to walk down the feebly illuminated, cobweb-infested, and strange-smelling passage. Especially since it looked like there were fresh footprints (about a size 17) coming out of the passage. Bare feet, no shoe print. I thought perhaps Sasquash, but I don't think Big-Foot has eight toes and six-inch claws at the end of them.

But, when I turned to leave, I heard someone say, "Hello." It was a deep, raspy voice and seemed to echo within my own head. I looked right and left, but didn't see anyone the freaky voice could have emitted from. Then, I felt something poke me in my stomach!

I looked down and to my horror, saw want looked like a midget-sized cross between a toad and an orangutan. Its lips were moving and the strange, horse voice was coming from inside that fang-filled maw. "I say, hello there."

I knew right away I had come across one of the mutants that dwell deep within the basement tunnels. "If you're looking for The Basement Guy, he's up at the bar."

I didn't wait to see if the thing was savagely vicious, I ran up the steps two at a time and burst back into the light and sound of the bar. I swear I heard it running up the steps after me hissing out, "You rude bastard. What the Hells wrong with you?"

I turned and faced the entrance to the basement but the hideous thing wasn't there. Instead, I saw Volga, one of the barmaids, holding a couple of bottles of banana rum. She snarled at me, called me an ass-hole, and kicked me in the shin as she walked by.

I wonder what was up with her? Anyway, I'm pretty sure of what I saw down there, but after that many Brass Monkeys, maybe it was just Volga and I let my imagination run amuck. Maybe I'll have a few more and then go find her and apologize... What's the worst that could happen?



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049404-Barely-Escaped-A-Creature-In-the-Basement-WC--R-13