*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050366-MeTube
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1050366 added June 1, 2023 at 8:35am
Restrictions: None
MeTube
MeTube

My wife, Andrea, at the end of a long day: “I nearly reached the end of YouTube.”

It’s an interesting concept. With thousands of new videos being added to YouTube every day, the very idea of there being a limit to it seems a bit far fetched. And yet there are times when we feel as though we’ve seen everything it has to offer. We scroll down the offerings, muttering, “Seen that, not interested, why are you showing me that, for pete’s sake find me something new!” Thanks to the system of indicating our preferences for content, it’s only videos in those areas that YouTube is supposed to present to us. The possibility exists, therefore, that we could reach a position where we’ve seen all that YouTube has on a particular subject. If we’ve limited our interests to very few and they happen to be a bit esoteric, this becomes almost inevitable.

Which is why Andrea’s statement was so memorable. She has subscribed to over two hundred channels.



Word count: 168

© Copyright 2023 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050366-MeTube