*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074651-Out-Takes-and-Other-Observations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1074651 added August 1, 2024 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Out-Takes and Other Observations
The girl I met at the party (Liliy) and I have been texting one another daily. I'm being careful not to lead her on. I know if I invite her over, it won't just cost me money but will bring her one step closer to moving in. Lily lives at the massage place where she works. I'm pretty sure my abode would make for better digs for her...but I'm not going to allow that to happen. You may think I'm being presumptuous, and that may be the case, but I'm not taking any chances. Besides, paying a girl for sex (and company) isn't my idea of romance, no matter how culturally and morally acceptable the practice is in Thailand.

Since Lily left on Monday, I've been contemplating my situation. Considering just how beautiful Thai women are, it feels almost inevitable that sooner or later, I will fall into the honey trap that is the Thai girlfriend. Either that, or I will remain alone indefinitely.

To highlight my train of thought, my neighbour has a male friend visiting from his homeland (Denmark). The fellow arrived a few days ago, and yesterday, I spotted an absolutely gorgeous Thai girl on her phone out the front of his unit. I can only assume this girl and my neighbour's friend have come to some mutually beneficial arrangement for the duration of his stay. And as I stood in the shadows checking out her ass in a tiny pair of cut-off jeans (how could I not?), I wondered, quite matter-of-factly, how much he was paying her for her services.

It was then my mind went to Lily (and I am ashamed to say this, but it's true) and I began comparing them...like they were used cars and I was debating if I wanted the four-door economy model or the sports convertible. Of course, I would want to take the sports car for a spin, but I know I couldn't afford it long-term. Later, I seriously checked myself...for perving at the girl in the shorts (the lesser of the two evils) and comparing women like they are commodities. The trouble is the very nature of dating in Thailand means that's exactly what women are (as are the men who date them), and you won't find one who will date a Farang without coming to some form of financial arrangement.

At one point at the party, a beautiful girl arrived. She was stunning, but was with a Farang boyfriend, who I was told, pays her B100000 (US$2800) per month. From what I saw, the way she was with him, she wouldn't last one minute as my girlfriend. She showed him zero affection, along with constant looks of disdain and a hand that was always out looking for more of his cash. Meanwhile, he sat quietly drinking his beer and looking glum. Apparently, you don't always get what you pay for.

Lily and I caught a taxi from the party, and the entire way home the driver was flipping through his social media on his phone. Admittedly, he did glance at the road every now and then, and we did get home safely. Before I left Australia, the Queensland government increased the fine for using a phone whilst driving from $750 to $1200...and that's for private citizens. If a taxi driver was caught using a phone while he was working, he would pay around $3000 and possibly lose his taxi licence. In Thailand, however, I see people on motorbikes riding down the freeway, phone in hand whilst carrying two passengers...none wearing helmets.

I wasn't going to mention this because it's quite disturbing, but I'm a sucker for punishment, so here goes. After Lily and I arrived at my house, we were in bed and I was on top kissing her. It was dark and when I pulled back to look at her, I was horrified to see Angel staring back at me. When Angel realised I could see her, she smiled sardonically. I got the impression she thought I would be pleased to see her (or perhaps not), but nothing could be further from the truth.

On a different note...

Scientists conducted an experiment where they connected people to an EEG and recorded their brainwaves. The subjects were shown a series of numbers and were asked to either add or subtract them. They had a clock in front of them with only a second hand and were asked to remember exactly what point in time they made their decision. Turns out they can not only predict if the subjects add or subtract the numbers, but they know the decision up to six seconds before it is made. It's mindblowing to think that our brains are making choices for us, rather than us making choices for ourselves.

© Copyright 2024 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074651-Out-Takes-and-Other-Observations