*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074831-RoE-D4-Pt-2--redone
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
There is a serial killer loose and only cooperation will bring the culprit to justice.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1074831 added August 12, 2024 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
RoE D4 Pt 2 (redone)
Agent Galloway took a deep breath and let it out slowly before entering the conference room. His team had come to Pearl Cove, Maine to meet with him even though they had only about 37 hours (approximately 1 and a half days) since solving their last case. Now they were gathered here to start in on one that was shaping up to be harder to solve.

“I’m sorry the promised break has been postponed. There’s no getting around it so I’m going to let Sophie brief you on video cam,” said Galloway.

Sophie Tilman appeared on the video screen in her red pig tails and heavy makeup. “If you’ll look at the big screen. Julie Norton, 17, was walking her French poodle when she was attacked, taken to a shed, and assaulted. Her poodle had been bludgeoned to death and stuffed into a container in the shed with the leash taped to Miss Norton’s hand. Her throat had been slit and her tongue was found in the container with the dog along with a note. There were three knife wounds to her torso in a triangular pattern. The note had a number 3 on one side and an infinity symbol with a lipstick print on the other.

Charles Cross, 18, was thrown out of a car on Highway 63 causing a six-car accident that killed two people and injured five others. He was duct taped at wrists and ankles and had a triangular set of knife wounds to his torso. His throat was slit and his tongue and a note with a number one was in his coat pocket.

Finally Randy Simmons, 17, held note number two. He had triangular knife wounds to his torso; his throat was slit, and his tongue and note was found on the mantle. He was also duct taped at wrists and ankles.”

Anna Morgan wore her heels and her skirt hem too high to look the professional she was. She had long raven hair and alluring brown eyes. "Things have not been easy on the scenes,” said Anna. “Security has been shotty at best.”

“Dr Solanum has been doing her analysis, but she has been backed up with technical difficulties in the lab,” said Galloway.

Dr. Tom Ferguson was the group psychologist and head profiler. He had tape on his glasses and a pocket protector. His mop top brown hair and green eyes made him look attentive. He leaned forward on the table. “With the different wounds and the way in which the victims have been subdued and discarded, we are looking at more than one unsub.”

The phone rang.

“Galloway........ Ok the team is here. Let me put you on speaker....”

“Can you all hear me?” asked Dr. Solanum. She didn’t wait for a response. “I just finished the autopsies on Cross, Simmons and Norton. All were sexually abused with a lead pipe. There wasn’t much evidence except for several unidentified DNA profiles, one of which was found in the mouth of Norton’s poodle. These same profiles were consistent at all the scenes. There were also stray hairs at all the scenes and Cross had carpet fibers on him. I believe they came from the car he was thrown out of.”

“Press releases went out this morning, as well as a plea for any witnesses to come forward,” said Anna. Her phone rang and she left the room to answer it.

Galloway sighed. “I think we might have to pound the street and go door to door on this one. We also still need to interview the families and profile our victims.”

"There's a call on line 3" said Sophie.

Galloway picked up the phone and immediately looked grim. "I understand. We will be there as quickly as we can." He hung up the phone. "Our Unsubs have moved to another town. Tom, Anna and I will be going to Crescent Pointe Falls."


A divider image for my projects

RoE Draft 4 Pt 2a



When Agent Galloway got to the Heilman High School football field he was immediately disgusted. He was getting tired of these Rinky dink local departments not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground. The whole place was a nightmare of a crime scene and a media circus.

Let’s get a lid on this, Anna. Collect all the cameras you can.”

A pretty brunette with a badge on her hip approached Galloway. “I’m Rachel Claire from the sheriff’s office....”

“Don’t you know how to secure a crime scene?”

“We are doing the best we can. Sherriff Downing...”

“Yes, I’d like to talk to who is in charge.”

“As I was going to say, Sherriff Downing and Deputy Schlept cannot be reached. Darlinger is out sick so that left us 3 to make sense of this.”

Galloway saw there were only 2 uniforms trying to secure the field. They had their hands full just keeping bystanders and the press away from the bleachers.

A scrimmage game against a rival high school had been scheduled for that night. The football teams stood at opposite ends of the field. Cheerleaders huddled on another bleacher most of them crying. Other people from town who had come to see the game congregated in small groups dotting the field. Media reporters were doing what they could to get glimpses and pictures of the crime scene.

There was a bullhorn on a truck next to the bleachers. Galloway grabbed it and got up in the truck bed.

“Can I have your attention, please? Yes. Thank you. I am agent Kory Galloway of the FBI. We would like you all to return to your homes.”

“What happened?” came from the crowd.

“Was someone hurt?”
“Is this related to the deaths in Waterton?”

“Oh my god. Is someone dead?”

Galloway raised the bullhorn again. “All of your questions will eventually be answered in time. Right now, you are impeding our investigation. Please return to your homes now.”

“I think it will be futile to search the field,” said Anna. “Things have been trampled pretty good. Tom is interviewing the cheerleaders who saw someone running from the scene.”

“Let’s look at what we got,” said Galloway.

“I can’t go back in there,” said Rachel. “Rick Hall was a friend.”

Galloway and Anna out on gloves as they went under the bleachers. Anna put her hand to her mouth and gagged.

“Get it together.” said Galloway. He looked at Rick’s chest. “Same triangular spaced stab wounds. Throat slit. ..his tongue was put up there.” he pointed to it on the bench.

“I don’t see a note,” said Anna. She checked Rick’s pockets. “Nothing.”

“Let’s cut him down and collect evidence. I’m going to call the team.”












© Copyright 2024 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074831-RoE-D4-Pt-2--redone