*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075443-RoE-D4-Pt6
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
There is a serial killer loose and only cooperation will bring the culprit to justice.
#1075443 added August 18, 2024 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
RoE D4 Pt6
RoE D4 Pt6



Galloway was awakened by a banging on the door.

“Sorry to wake you, sir,” said Deputy Schleps. He was a brown-haired, tall man, with his uniform usually spot on regulations. This morning, his uniform showed the signs of the hard hours they had all been working.

“Well, you must have had a good reason.”

“Yes sir. There’s been another murder.”

Galloway sighed. “Let me get myself together.” He shut the door, splashed water o his face and ran a comb through his hair.

Galloway stepped out the door.

“Shall we take my car?” asked Schlep.

“I’ll follow you in my car.”

Galloway and Schlep pulled up in front of a two-story colonial.

“You’d better brace yourself, Galloway,” said Anna approaching him.

Galloway stuffed his emotions. “I just want to catch a break on this one.”
“Hopefully we will, but we lost a witness. This is Mary Cartwright.”

Galloway twinged. He knew it must have something to do with Mary talking to them at the school. The interviewing there had been sloppy and he knew it.

Mary Cartwright laid in the middle of the living room. Her dress was rolled up to her waist and her underpants were around her ankles. The room showed signs of a struggle.

Dr. Solanum stood up from examining the body. “I won’t know for sure about a sexual assault until I get her back to the morgue. It looks like she may have scratched her assailant. There is tissue under her nails.” She motioned to her team and they began clearing the body. “I’ll let you know what I find.”

Galloway scratched his brow. "It seems our unsub is getting sloppier. I need to talk to Tom.”

A divider image for my projects

Galloway met Tom Ferguson in the conference room. The files of the victims were spread out between t hem.

“I don’t want to hear any psychobabble about my kids. I just want to hear about our unsub.”

“I’m becoming more convinced that there is more than one unsub.” said Tom.

“For what reason?”

“If I could tell you that I could tell you who they are. I can tell you that there is a leader that was keeping them semi-organized. Probably a woman who supervised in Waterton. I think they are getting sloppier because she is giving them more freedom, or they are taking it.”

“What about Kristin Claire and her group?”
“What I read in the files; they are a cohesive group with no clear leader amongst them. I can’t see them being supervised by an outsider either.”

“Do we have anything?”

“Can we talk about your sons?”

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

“What if it starts to lead to them being involved?”

“I know my boys.”

“You haven’t seen them in six years.”

“Tom, I know my boys. I’m running this investigation.”

© Copyright 2024 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075443-RoE-D4-Pt6