*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
4
5
7
9
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077941-The-Only-Living-Boy-in-New-York
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1077941 added October 8, 2024 at 7:00am
Restrictions: None
The Only Living Boy in New York
The Only Living Boy in New York

Just stumbled upon a recent video of Paul Simon being interviewed and found it most interesting. It seems he’s losing his hearing and the thought resonated with me and my fear of losing my sight. It was a point of contact, perhaps.

But then he started talking about how the songs for his latest album came to him. And they came in a dream. Bingo, I thought, that’s exactly what happens to me sometimes. Once again, I was reminded that “your old men will dream dreams” Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17. That has become almost a motto of mine over the last few years. It seems it’s true.

Anyway, Paul went on from there to thoughts of life, death and old age, all so familiar to me - although mine might be a bit more focused. Writers are so logical, you know. It was nice to hear that I’m not the only one experiencing old age in such a manner.

The video is below if you’re interested. Most of the stuff I’ve been talking about is in the first few minutes but you’ll probably be caught and listen to the whole thing. Be warned.





Word count: 194

© Copyright 2024 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077941-The-Only-Living-Boy-in-New-York