*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078645-the-rest-of-the-story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(441)
by ruwth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2145363
I will be adding stories & reflections as time marches on. Take a gander today!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1078645 added October 21, 2024 at 1:07am
Restrictions: None
the rest of the story...

~ A little something about ruwth ~


The truth is, you can find out a lot about me in my port. Today, I am gonna tell you about the first item I uploaded to Writing.Com: "My Psalm.

The Brief Description says: "Someone once suggested: Write a psalm of your own." Someone, eh? But who?

Well, here is the rest of the story:

It was 2004. I had just earned my Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. I had been an LPN and was on the verge of becoming an RN. I was 50 years old and had been divorced for almost four years.

My "baby brother" had come to visit me from out of state. (People tease me about calling him my baby brother. He is the "baby" of the family and is seven years younger than me but at 43, he is no longer a baby.)

Anyways, Baby Bro thinks it is time I start dating and he has just the way for me to do it: "Christian Mingle"—an online dating site. All I need to do it create a free profile and the fellas will line up at my door. Easier said than done.

To start with, I had to choose a username. For my brother, anything will do. Not so for this big sister. I fretted over what name to use. The first ideas I came up with were already taken. The ones my brother came up with did NOT work for me.

It took me days to decide on a name. By that time my brother was pulling his hair out. He probably would have given up but he really wanted me to find a nice guy and live happily ever after.

The name I chose was quite fitting for me:

"Choosing_the_Narrow_Road"

I am pretty sure the account is still there. Something from that account followed me here to WdC. It was someone on that singles site (a guy) who suggested we all try writing a psalm.

I wrote "My Psalm over there at that fellows suggestion. When I opened my Writing.Com account later, I chose my psalm to be the first item I put in my portfolio.

You can also find it here:



And that's the rest of the story...


Written for: "Tell Me About Yourself


~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~




© Copyright 2024 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078645-the-rest-of-the-story