*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203694-The-Second-Mission
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #559708
Einah's wants to get a mysterious dagger. Magnus is a soldier with an unsettled past..
#203694 added November 3, 2002 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
The Second Mission
As I traveled through the shadow-filled streets yet again, my eyes paid close attention to my surroundings. I memorized all the small alleyways and crannies because I knew that they might come in handy. I spied a few windows that were open and I could hide in those places undetected if need be. I had all my escape routes planned out again. I had heard that security had been stepped up in the compound, so I had to be able to get in and out as fast as I could this time.
My job this time was much more extensive. Not only did I have to get more documents, I also had to destroy some ammunition stores in the base. Last time it had been entirely a clandestine effort, take the papers and be gone undetected. This time however, I would make some noise by destroying ammunition stores. I almost tingled with the excitement of my mission.
As I neared the compound, my mind reviewed what had occurred the last time. I tired to keep it purely analytical, but my mind wandered back to when my eyes had met the intense slate blue ones of the unknown soldier. I could still remember how it felt when his eyes traveled my body, nearly lighting me on fire in it’s heat. I remembered his strong arms, and imagined how they might feel around me, which is definitely not a normal response from me, considering what might happen if his arms ever were around me, since I was a spy from the opposition.
I scoped out my surroundings and actually found the same scene as last time, down to the same sleepy guard. I felt a little unsure, maybe my informant was losing her touch. She had made the rounds of the men, but maybe they had been giving out incorrect information on purpose, to scare me away or something, or to trap me. I wasn’t sure, but I was sure that something was fishy about this scene. I crept quietly through the shadows. I thought I saw someone move behind me so I would fall to the ground behind a tent, not moving until I saw the person walk by me or ten minutes later I would feel safe enough to continue my voyage to the tent.
I finally made it to the tent, where the guard had already fallen asleep. I slipped through the slit that hadn’t been fixed, got my document, and eased out just as quietly and quickly. I suddenly was overwhelmed by this uneasy feeling, but I tried to squash the panic down. I hurried to the ammunition bunker and ducked inside. As I stalked through the aisles of guns and bullets, and even the occasional cannon, I felt a presence around me, like I was being watched. The keen eyes of the fox as he watched his prey, the rabbit, waiting for the perfect time to strike.
Almost as if conjured from my mind, the fox pounced on the rabbit. A man came up from behind me and immobilized my hands, pressing me close to him, my back to his chest. I squirmed and tried to get out of his grasp, but it was like steel against my wrists. I feigned defeat and stopped fighting, biding my time until I could make an escape, when his defenses went down. I just hoped they would. As soon as I stopped struggling, he adjusted his grip so that my hands were locked in his, and they were between our bodies.

© Copyright 2002 Captain Crunch (UN: saluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Captain Crunch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203694-The-Second-Mission