*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203710-Mission-Accomplished
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #559708
Einah's wants to get a mysterious dagger. Magnus is a soldier with an unsettled past..
#203710 added November 4, 2002 at 12:07am
Restrictions: None
Mission Accomplished?
I hurried to the army’s hideout, keeping an eye out. I didn’t have the time to change out of my purple gown, so I lifted my skirts to keep them from getting soiled in the muddy pathway. A guard looked at me for a moment, but then he recognized my face and let me into the castle that was Malkanen’s center of operations. I knew he didn’t know why I was there because he gave me a very lewd glance as I passed him. I didn’t feel like playing his game so I shot him a disgusted and haughty glance as I brushed past him and entered the castle.
It was cold, gray and wet in there. The morning dew hung on the stones that made up the walls of the main hall. I shivered slightly and pulled my cloak closer around me. Without ceremony and waiting for an announcement I marched into the meeting room of Malkanen. Surprisingly he was there, looking over some papers. He looked up at me in shock since I had just thrown open his doors, then in anger as he failed to recognize me. Surprise and shock took over as he did recognize me.
“My my Einah, you certainly do clean up very well. I can actually see your face without the dirt and God knows what else smudging it.” He gave me a hot look. “And that gown certainly does show more than it hides doesn’t it?” I could feel him mentally undressing me but I was in no mood to play along with him.
I strode to his desk and threw the papers on top of everything else. “Here are your damn papers. I’m through with your dirty work. Tell me where the Soul Reaper is hidden and I will be gone.”
“It really is a shame. You would have been wonderful in bed I expect.”
“Well, you’re never going to find out, so just tell me what I want to know and I’ll be gone.”
“I see a night in a dungeon couldn’t diminish your fiery temper at all. Very well, the Soul Reaper is in a cave called the Phoenix Cavern found fifty leagues northwest of this beautiful city of Carmine. I wish you luck my dear, and do say hello to your parents for me on the way.” My eyes lit up in surprise and he chuckled. “Yes, I am well aware of your true identity, Einah the thief. Oh, and my troops are now on the move to the northwest as well, so I suggest you be wary of them.” With that he returned to his papers, dismissing her in his head.
I left his chambers, dazed. How could he possibly know who I really was? I got a creep down my back and rushed out of the castle and the army’s camp. Never again was I ever going to get involved with anything like that again. But I did get more than enough money to finance my journey north. I had heard of this Phoenix Cavern before. It was supposed to be the entrance to an inner hellhole, literally. There was fire for the walls, and lava was underneath the floors, easily seen. It was actually not that far from my own home. Shuddering, I hurried along the alleyway, longing to be as far away from Carmine as I could possibly be.
It was then that I was attacked. I was thrown against the alley wall, and I felt hot, stinking breath against my neck and face. I turned away in disgust, until I felt a cool hard dagger being pressed against my neck.

© Copyright 2002 Captain Crunch (UN: saluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Captain Crunch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203710-Mission-Accomplished