*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526124-The-Shadow-Rage-Chronicales-Chapter-2
by 7Zedd
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1293142
a story about a boy with strange powers and a half demon
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#526124 added August 6, 2007 at 12:08am
Restrictions: None
The Shadow Rage Chronicales: Chapter 2
The Shadow Rage Chronicles: Chapter 2

      Lloyd couldn’t help but feel vulnerable as he walked among the large crumbling coulombs. His eyes were completely red, demons were all around this place, something was obviously drawing them to this place, though he didn’t know what it was. He walked on, paying close attention to the demons whereabouts.

      Lloyd continued his slow walk toward the center of the grave lands, the tile was white but it was stained in what appeared to be human blood. Huge towers sprawled out of the grounds at the oddest places, nearly destroyed buildings ran side by side each other. Lloyd had been told once that a great war was fought on this land, and that Terithial was once a great city, though it was completely destroyed at the end of the war.

      He reacted quickly when it came, a black wolf-like demon jumping from the crumpled side of a stone wall right into Lloyd’s head, he jumped backwards, avoiding its claws, and then sliced it across the face with his dagger. The demon roared in pain as it staggered backwards away from him, Lloyd gave it no time, slamming his dagger into its skull. He pulled the dagger out and was well on his way toward the center of the shrine then.

      He could feel what he had come for with each step that he took now, the blade used to fight an ancient and powerful demon over two thousand years prior to Lloyd’s birth, a sword without a name, to match the equally mysterious wielder of the sword, the story had survived the years, but the names of those involved had long sense been forgotten.

      He walked past the corridor he had been in and onto the bottom of a huge double set of stairs, each of which lead up to the same point, he saw also a broadsword with a black hilt and two separated blades protruding from a large white pedestal. Lloyd approached cautiously, but stopped suddenly halfway up the stairs. There was a demon running down the opposite flight of stairs, but there was something different about it, he felt a demonic energy, but it seemed only partly complete, as if part was missing.

      When he turned to meet the demon he saw what appeared to be a human at first glance, a dark skinned boy with no shirt and only wearing a pair of tattered pants, but unlike a human he had gleaming claws instead of fingertips and he also had long sharp fangs protruding from his mouth, he had long white hair running all the way down his back and gleaming golden eyes.

      The demon suddenly jumped high into the air, easily covering the distance between them, and struck out with his claws, Lloyd barely deflected it with his dagger and then the demon attacked again, always pursuing and not stopping for an instant he rushed ahead, never giving Lloyd an opportunity to strike back.

      “Where is that demon, where is he keeping my sister?” The demon screamed in rage as it got a little too close and tried to bite at Lloyd’s throat, Lloyd punched the demon in the face, it fell to the ground but was on its feet before Lloyd could blink. “Strong for a human” it hissed “of course if you work for that demon, it can’t have my sister I will not let it, you will tell me where they are, and then your death will be swift.”

      The demon began attacking him again, pushing Lloyd farther and farther up the steps, near the top he lost his balance, the demon’s stroke knocked Lloyd’s dagger out of his hand, the second one dug deep into his stomach and slammed him up against something hard. When he realized what it was he gasped, it was the sword that he had been looking for, that had been used to kill a powerful demon.

      Lloyd pulled the sword from the pedestal and prepared to fight the demon that pursued him, but as it charged the ground began to shake and a huge chain ripped out of the ground between the two of them. The whole of Terithial began to shake then, and chains ripped from the ground everywhere. Suddenly from out of the tallest tower a huge mass of chains ripped out, it looked as if all where connected to this one place, Lloyd could see a hand ripping out from the tower, but nothing else other than chains.

      “Yess” cried a demonic voice, Lloyd turned to see a skinny gray skinned demon that resembled a human, its skin was taught and looked skeletal, it grinned maliciously, showing human blood dripping from its teeth, and then it held up the naked corpse of a young girl. Lloyd thought he was angry at the site but the other demon that had been fighting him let out a shriek of agony that pierced the air and silenced all else. An aura of bluish light surrounded the white haired demon, it bounded onto the railing and slammed its claws into the other demon’s face, bluish lightning erupted from the tips of his claws, sending the demon back into a nearby wall in a mess of black blood.

      The dead girl fell from the balcony and onto the ground near Lloyd, he saw then that there was a hole in her stomach, it looked as if something had devoured her insides, Lloyd met the gaze of the white haired demon as a tear escaped him, they were dripping down the demons cheeks like rain though, a sudden final tremor erupted and turned both of them to gaze at the large tower, a mass of chains flung out of the top along with the stroke of raven black wings.
© Copyright 2007 7Zedd (UN: 7zedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
7Zedd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526124-The-Shadow-Rage-Chronicales-Chapter-2