*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528411-Kuan-Yin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#528411 added August 15, 2007 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
Kuan Yin
So, Ryan and I are in Ohio at our camp ground and we decide to go into town for some lunch. We were dummies and didn't bring anything. We spotted a festival going on. He loves good 'Ol greasy food and I just love festivals period. Anyway, after I had some Thai veggies and noodles and an ice cream cone we shopped around a bit and I found a cheap plastic bracelet with little Kuan Yin's on the beads. I love Kuan Yin so I had to have it. Then I got to thinking about how I wanted to get on here and write about it.

Kwan Yin a.k.a Kannon is the female Bodhisattva of compassion. A Bodhisattva is someone who has acheieved the goal of enlightenment and therefor does not need to be reborn but chooses to be reborn to help others attain enlightenment, which is the Buddhist's ultimate goal.

Kuan Yin, it is said, in death heard the cries of the world and decided to be re-born until all beings were saved. Her name means "hearer of the cries of the world."

I wear this bracelet with this image so that I can try to remember to be compassionate and understanding and to not be selfish. I've learned so much from Buddhism and it has changed me quite a bit into the person I want to be. I drink it up and can't seem to get enough of it. I don't, however, technically declare myself Buddhist. I want to make that clear. I study it, and I follow most of it and I enjoy it but I feel it would be an insult to the actual Buddhists for me to say that I am one. No matter how much I would like to...

For a while, I've lost it though. I've had a lot going on and I've simply neglected it. I'm trying to get back on track because it's when I'm studying/reading/thinking about Buddhism I feel most comfortable, most happy. It's my best pal right now.

I get to train with Sherri tomorrow (finally) and that means I get pulled off the floor!! HOO-RAY!!! Then I will get to take over for her on her days off and such. It will be strange but enjoyable hopefully. My job is already 747 times better than it ever has been. (747 because Lindsay always uses the number 47 to exagerate everything.)

I am going to be off Friday and me and mom are going shopping for Randi's wedding shower. Then Ryan told me to ask her if she wanted to come to dinner with me, him, Blake and Ryan's mom. I may be a little nervous because my parents have never met his mom!

I just took a long power walk and did 100 reverse crunches (somehow) plus I have a tylenol p.m floating around in my system somewhere so I had better go to sleep. I went to sleep at 7:30 and woke up in a great mood AND had a good day at work. YAY!

Anyway, much love and happiness,




*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2007 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528411-Kuan-Yin