*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591145-My-Mother-has-a-hole-in-her-leg
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#591145 added June 15, 2008 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
My Mother has a hole in her leg
Jamál (Beauty), 11 Nur (Light), 165 B.E. – Sunday, June 15, 2008 about 2:23 PM PDT

I took my mother to the urgent care on Sunday, June 8, 2008. She had a large lump on her leg which had become discolored. At the urgent care they told me to take her to the hospital. I took her to Valley Hospital. There the operated on her leg and removed the infection and the lump. This left a hole in her leg.

She was released from the hospital on Thursday, June 12, 2008. On Friday, June 13, I finally got someone in to change the dressing. It hurts Mom when they take the bandage off to put another one on. Fortunately, one of the doctors prescribed some pain pills. about thirty minutes before a nurse comes to change the dressing, I give her a pain pill. This helps a little, but not a lot. My mother cries in pain each time they change the dressing.

I wish I could take the pain from her body and into mine. She cries and I hold her hand and cry as well. Removing the bandage hurts. The pain pills help a little, but not enough to stop the pain all together. She was always sensitive to pain, but she has become more sensitive since the operation last year. The nurse today said the pain meant that it was healing. It only hurts Mom when the bandage is removed.

The fluid coming from the wound is clear, so there is no infection. Still Mom has to be careful and not do some of the things around the house she did a week ago. I know this will pass. This last year has been difficult. Mom is holding up, still she can't sleep in her own bed until the leg is healed. She has to keep the leg up at night and it's easier to raise it when she sleeps in the hospital bed.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591145-My-Mother-has-a-hole-in-her-leg