*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636490-Once-again
by Eli
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #1402285
Just a journal for me to write,vent, or express.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#636490 added February 19, 2009 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
Once again
I have nothing to write about, but I woke up this morning wanting to write in my blog.
I am pretty sure my mother cast a blogging spell on me.I can see it now..... all the lights low in the house some weird eerie music playing. Smoke and smells of goat eyeballs, and chicken feet saturating the house. The kitchen counters covered with other random ingredients  and in the middle of it all there stands the Pearl of Wisdom in a brightly colored muumuu. With a loud shrieking laugh, leaning over a large pot atop the stove. Wooden spoon in hand slowly stirring some concoction while adding.....I dunno pen ink and pencil shaving with a dash of keyboard keys ( I am not to sure what a blogging spell calls for). All the while chanting some sing song spell and inserting my name into the  PLACE NAME HERE part of her spell book.
On another note, what do witches do with the potions that they are always shown making ? Do they just store them, or pour them on stuff, perhaps they drink them....all you witches out there get back to me on that,
Okay back to the story that I stumbled into.
Earlier in the evening my mom had called and invited me to "dinner". So, I arrive at her house a little bit early to hang out with the folks and as I open the front door my nose begins to be assaulted by the odd smells escaping my mothers potions ( I guess this is how I caught the spell). Confounded, I slowly walk into the house wondering " what the f*** is going on here, are mom and dad on ecstasy, did they forget I was coming ?".
As I creep around the corner with my eyes halfway closed that way if I encounter something I don't want to see I can close them much more quickly.
Once I am in the living room and  realize my eyes are safe from also being assaulted I open them completely and begin to take in the bizarre scene unfolding in my mothers house. Still unsure if I want to know whats going on I quietly survey the scene, my mother is so enthralled in some chant about me she doesn't even noticed my presence. As I begin to realize I am completely put off by this I slowly walk back out the front door, run to my car and drive home.
Thirty minutes later I receive a call. Looking down at my caller i.d. Mom scrolls across the screen. Hesitantly I pick up the phone and say "hello"
" Eli, where are you I thought you were coming for dinner?"
Acting as if I just woke up , in my best just woke up voice I say " Yea, I am coming I just woke up from a nap, be there in a few minutes"
"Okay see you soon, love you"
" Love you to mom"
Still unsure about this whole thing, I open up the laptop and make a quick recording and documentation of what had unfolded, I then call my friend Timmy J and tell him if I don't call back in twenty minutes to send the police to my house and make up some story about my mom telling me she heard some weird noises. Then I jump in the truck and head back over to the  loony bin.
I arrive at the house, all seems normal. Now the porch light and the lights inside the house are on and the smell of a delicious roast is bellowing from the house. still a bit hesitant I open the door cautiously. Watching for flying objects or a net falling from the ceiling. When none of the above appears I walk in casually to a normal scene of my dad watching television on max volume while trying to have a conversation with my mom while she cooks dinner. Knowing that all is safe for now I make myself a glass of ice tea, take a drink, pour it out because it is some crazy flavored ice tea that my mom cant get enough of and ask her to make normal tea. Then I sit down and hang out with my parents making no mention of what I had seen earlier.
Which brings us to now, me having nothing to write about and being forced to out myself to my mother and furthermore out my mother for being a weirdo.

© Copyright 2009 Eli (UN: maverik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Eli has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636490-Once-again