*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664284-Another-Day-Another-Procrastination
by Cinn
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1579473
To keep a record of the progress- or lack thereof- on my sf novel.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#664284 added August 20, 2009 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Another Day, Another Procrastination
I've been busy this last week. I'm going back to school, so I had to get my application for admission and FAFSA done. That was a hectic week-long game of phone tag!

I only got a small amount of writing done. First, I had to write five songs for "Invalid Item. They turned out alright considering. When I wrote them, my mother-in-law was here with her brother doing some minor renovations to our house. My son was running around, of course. My husband wasn't in the best of moods, though no one but me can usually tell. I was between phone calls with my enrollment counselor. Basically, the entire house was bustling around me! I wrote 3 of them in half an hour, went out to dinner with Nik's mom and uncle, returned a power drill we borrowed to my neighbors, gave Tripp his bath and put him to bed, ran to the store with a friend, then came back and quickly wrote the other two in the 15 minutes before dinner was ready. They could probably use some editing. ;)

Here's the big shock though:  I actually got some writing done on my novel! :D

I finished Chapter 5 and started Chapter 6. I don't know how much I actually wrote, but I'd guess about 1000 words. Maybe less. Regardless, it felt good to work on it. I'm not sure yet if I really want to end Chapter 5 or just make what I wrote of Chapter 6 part of the previous chapter. Oh well, at least it's written! Turned out pretty well too, so I imagine I'll leave it alone.

I still haven't done a single bit of editing on my novel- though boy oh boy do I want to! I got a great review yesterday from Satuawany over Chapter 1. It took all of my will power to not edit it! She had some great ideas, and her feedback was just exactly what I needed to know! I've finally gotten an opinion about my characters. She also said what the first chapter made her feel, which turned out to be exactly what I was going for! I'm ecstatic that some of the things I tried worked! If you read this Chy, thanks! :)

I'll probably try to work on my novel again soon. Maybe even tonight if my husband feels like keeping Tripp occupied for a few hours. He's always so good about playing with Tripp that I doubt it will be the reason if I don't get anything done. Procrastination isn't just a hobby for me... it's an art form and a way of life!

Oh yeah! I got my very first sig! Thanks Riot !

** Image ID #1590882 Unavailable **
 

© Copyright 2009 Cinn (UN: cinnamonfringe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cinn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664284-Another-Day-Another-Procrastination