*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693867-Choices-and-why-i-need-to-abstain
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#693867 added April 21, 2010 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
Choices and why i need to abstain
I am not very good when it comes to making choices which is why it is a very bad idea to give me more than two choices to choose from. I think that’s part of the reason I never pass in exams where they bring multiple choice questions. My brother made that mistake today, for the past two weeks or so I have been bugging him about my lack of good music in my P.C. He promised he’d bring me a collection and finally today he finally came. Of course when he said collection, I thought it would be on a C.D or flash disc for that matter but instead he came with a laptop with folder after folder of all songs I had ever imagined. I knew it was a bad idea to choose for myself but I still wanted to give it a try anyway. I started at 6.30 p.m. I had dance practice at 7.30 p.m. and group discussion after that. In my head, I still had a lot of time so I started the process of selecting 150 good songs from the list of over 100 songs. Let’s just say, some people are not very happy with me. I got at least three missed calls from people wondering when I was going to show up for the practice. At 9.30 p.m. I had to call one of my group members and explain why I was still in my room, 1hr after the time we had agreed to meet. I have learnt an important lesson today, and even though I might forget it tomorrow I am counting on you to remind me to stay away from extremely hard tasks like the one I subjected myself to today.
Choices aside, I made a vow to try and be neutral in the coming up varsity elections. Voting last time was fun but this time people are getting too personal and from experience I know things might not end well and I do not want to be caught up in the cross fire. My decision might not be taken so well by some people especially those who are counting on me to mobilize votes for them, but I’ve got to do the right thing here.

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693867-Choices-and-why-i-need-to-abstain