*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714613-Specifications-of-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#714613 added January 3, 2011 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
Specifications of Life.
Specifications of Life

It is my suspicion that our creator was an intense and living form of energy, that sought to give expression to its being in a narrow band between too hot and too cold. That this force fabricated a containment vessel of the elements and entered therein where it continues to reside in all the forms that life has come to manifest.

Call this force of creation what you want. God is a fine name….Spirit is another, eternal father/mother is good too, and it goes on and on. It is all the same presence but with different labels.

Now I sometimes ask myself, “What was this force thinking as it began roughing out the specifications of a containment vessel I will start here even though there are more profound and seminal questions upstream from this point of departure.

1. It had to be able to survive in a range of temperatures, actually a rather narrow range. If the form froze solid that was not good and if it started to boil that was not so good either….So somewhere between where water freezes and boils were probably the extreme limits of the temperature range.

2. It had to be made of the elements. While we keep discovering more, this constrained the materials availiable for use.

3. It had to be able to reproduce before it reached the end of its service life and factored in had to be the lethality of the environment in which it would operate.

4. It had to have be a distributed rather than a central processor, with the ability to move about independently, unconciously perform a vast range of life functions, with a councious level of awareness for dealing with those immediate vexing problems of life that could not be preprogramed.

5. It had to be able to select reproductive partners that optimized the state of sophistication into which the form had evolved. (We are familiar with the external qualifiers but is "love" a more complex form of sensor that goes deeper?)

6. It had to be energy efficient, capable of operating for periods where fuels, liquids, and gases, were not abundant or suited for conversion to energy, coolants and respiration.

Now I could go on and no doubt the reader could come up with many more specifications that our creator had to contend with but for the purposes of the discussion I’ll stop here for now and pick up on the discussion tomorrow.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714613-Specifications-of-Life