*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731544-blonde-karma-moment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#731544 added August 14, 2011 at 7:09pm
Restrictions: None
blonde karma moment
Yep. . . it happened - a blonde karma moment. definitely karma because of yesterday's blog where I carried on about people being stupid, apparently forgetting I was one. And blonde - because I'm blonde and proved it once again.

Okay, so I'm one of those people whose sight is so bad that if I take my contacts out before I have my glasses in hand I won't be able to find them. I came home very late the other night (no drinking involved despite what you'll choose to believe after reading this) and fell asleep in my contacts. If you have never done this let me tell you it is like waking up with a saltine cracker of fog etched in your eyes. All I wanted to do was get them out. I mummy-walked half blind to the kitchen to splash water in them to try to loosen them from my retina --- well, for some reason this brought on a burning sensation to the point i was sure the water company had replaced my H2O with acid. I grabbed a cup (from feel of course) and yanked my contacts out and dropped them in the cup. Realize I can't see now, but at least the burning sensation is no longer doing the disco inferno in my eyes. I stumble to my bedroom where thankfully i find my glasses without injurying myself further. Exhausted from the previous night and my contact excursion i laid down and fell asleep.

I woke up hungry . . . about the only normal thing about me. Singing along with Prince on my Zune I heated up some oatmeal. Yum. . . It really was good; that wasn't sarcasm. I ate every bite just like Goldilocks - hey she was blonde too. When I went to go rinse my oatmeal cup i realized that it was the cup I had put my contacts in. So yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I ate my contacts. Lovely, huh? My son is sure it will give me superpowr of super eyesight inside and out. (Like I want to look at my intestines?)

Moral: I was right - people are stupid lol

Peace. love, and these things always happen to me,
Audra

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731544-blonde-karma-moment