*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735785-Better-but-still-in-the-big-house
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#735785 added October 4, 2011 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Better but still in the "big house".
Jim is getting better but still in the hospital. He may have to spend a couple of weeks in rehab to regain his strength. His spriits are good and he is eager to come home so that is half the battle. *Thumbsup*

We are having perfect weather, cool at night and just right during the daytime. The dogwood I see out my window as I type this is begining to turn colors, pale pink, lemony yellow, and even a little bit of light green. Some curly leaves lay on the ground beneath it. I love fall.

During Jim's hospital stay, I have encountered some unique characters in the elevators and hallways. Some are patients taking walks and some are visitors, but they all have that purposeful look in their eyes. They want to get somewhere, or overcome something, and it must be done quickly. Everyone is in a hurry to reach that next minute or hour or day in their life, me included most of the time. It is nice sometimes, though, to just relish the moment like I am doing right now.

I find I do not always have to be thinking about what I have to do next. It's more fun if you can enjoy the now, and it doesn't take any more time.

I had a couple of episodes last Friday night of room spinning when I woke up. When I stood up, it went away but I felt light-headed and sick to my stomach. I took my blood pressure later and it was normal but my pulse was 57. I had a catheter ablation a year ago last April for an SVT (a rapid beating of the heart that would not quit), so I wondered if the diltiazem I've been taking ever since, was slowing my heart too much. Anyway, I saw my doctor today and am now wearing a holter monitor for the next 48 hours. She told me to keep taking the diltiazem, 57 was not really low...hmmm. I will do as she says since I am paying her.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2011 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735785-Better-but-still-in-the-big-house