*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737450-Things-are-looking-up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#737450 added October 20, 2011 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
Things are looking up...
Jim finally got moved to rehab yesterday and both our attitudes have markedly improved. He is still not able to stand without help, but help is on the way *Smile*. It is hard to believe he has been in the hospital for a month.

Meanwhile, my site interaction has progressed to its lowest level. I cannot seem to read and think at the same time *Laugh*. Reviewing seems like an alien encounter *Sad*.

I took the truck for an oil change yesterday and was surprised to be shown pink gunk crusted on my water pump. Even though our Tacoma is a 2007, it has less than 17,000 miles. With no other symptoms (like the heat gauge going up), they cleaned it off and want me to watch the gauge and come back for a check in two weeks to a month. My fingers are crossed, eyes, too, if that would help. Maybe I should just get a new water pump and not have something else to worry about....

The Friends of the Library Book Sale starts Saturday. I am anxious for some distraction.

It is COLD here this morning...45 with the high to be 70...a big change, but welcome. It makes me think of hunting season and all those poor unknowing deer and turkey. We used to own a three-acre woodsy spot near a preserve. Jim built a tree blind and we would climb up nailed wooden rungs to a platform where we could sit and watch deer and wild hogs and anything else that happened by. There is nothing like the smell of piney flatwoods and fireplace smoke early on a November morning. Hunters put an end to our wildlife viewing. Hearing the crack of gunshots close by made it a little too uncomfortable to continue. It was a great experience, though. Once we saw a mother hog (sow) with eight little ones trailing behind. She scratched her hide against the trunk of our tree as we held our breath. Another time a trail of ants unexpectedly appeared across our sitting area and we descended much faster than we ascended. Picnicking in a tree blind is not a good idea *Laugh*.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2011 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737450-Things-are-looking-up