*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739138-chapter-five---the-mission
Rated: · Book · Other · #1814821
will be starting soon gathering info
#739138 added November 10, 2011 at 1:35am
Restrictions: None
chapter five - the mission






Chapter Five


The Mission





         Three days have passed quickly. The royal trio readied themselves to find the tunnels. They searched until they found the cave that was on their map. There they entered hoping that the tunnels were still there. After all, they were created centuries ago.


         The cave was dark and smelled of moss and bat dong. There was no light, and all they had for light was the torches that carried a dim shadowy path. Seeing the map was surprisingly easy to read. It map glowed in the dark. This was something that was not a creation of the Earth. Once they had open the map, they saw that the light from the map was stronger than the light from the torches.


         They followed the tunnels. The bats were stirred. At times they seemed to be flying right at the men. The bats were just as afraid of them as they were startled by the bats.


         The caves were dirty and covered with spider webs, bats, and gasses. William was the only one of the three that seemed to be having problems breathing the stale air of gas. King Thomas suggests, "William do you still carry the scarf?"


         William answers, "Yes I do."


         "Give it to me." William gives the King his scarf hoping that he would not tear it. Instead Thomas pours water on the scarf and ties around his nose and mouth.


         The further they follow the tunnels the more thankful William was for Thomas thinking about using the scarf.


         It seemed as though they were going to go on forever. Then the map began to become dim. The tunnel opened into a hedge. Thomas read for where everyone was mentally. He could gauge that there were three servants. King Thomas has to wait until the three went into the castle. Then slowly they began making their way to the clothes line. They dis guard their clothes and place them in the hedge.


         The three follow the servants up the stairs into the king's chamber. The water was being poured for his bath. King Sed was being helped to undressed. Fragrances were put into the royal bath.


         When the servants left, Thomas, William, and Yechiel lingered. Thomas stirred the sudsy water. William straightened the curtains. And Prince Yechiel (who was dressed as a handmaid because of his size) guided the King into his bath.


         When King Sed was in the water, he closed his eyes to relax and to think about his war tatics. Five minutes after he drifts into a light sleep, William brings the potion out. The plan was underway. This was the time to get the king out of the water. The three lifted and pulled the limp king. The dressed him in the clothes of a pesant.  Yecheil looked out the chamber door to see if there were anyone around. The guards were not at their posts. This was not the norm for them to leave for any reason. This was a lucky event.


         They follow the hall to the servants' stairs. The king appeared to be a drunken villager that the servants need to remove from the castle. Up on the  exit, they worried how they would transport him the length of the tunnels with him being unable to walk.


         "Look, " whispers King Thomas. "There is the builder's cart."


         William and King Thomas lifted the sleeping king into the cart. The trip seemed longer due to having to taking turns pushing the cart. The tunnels were long and bumpy. The bumps did not seem so noticable until they found themselves pushing a cart filled with the king. The map seemed to guid them in a different way from the half way point. They followed its directions, and found themselves inside the walls of Thomas throne room.


         "Guards take this man to the towers. Be sure that he is treated well, and he is given all that he would desire except his freedom." King Thomas demands. "This will determine the kingdoms' state of war."


         The guard picks up king Sed. He has began to move when they lay him down up on the bed in the tower room. "Where am I?" The stunned king ask.


         "You are in King Thomas castle. He has brought you here as his prisoner." Yecheil explains. "you are to have all that you need except your freedom. I am to serve you as being your grand son."


         King Sed feeling that the boy was the cause of his daughter's death. "NO! I will starve to death before you serve me. I will give up and die first."


         The young prince turns and leaves. He is followed by the guards who was ordered to stand by the chamber door.


         King Sed spent the night trying to plan a way to get out of this situation and finish his daughter's plans to kill the prince. He was glad that he was in the same place as the child. He would take his life at the first chance he got.


         The next morning the queen went to speak to Yecheil."Prince, when you go to serve Sed, dress in your robes. Do not wear your armor. I know this will have an ending that will bring both kingdoms together as one."


         "Yes, My Queen." He goes to the kitchen and gets the breakfast tray for his grandfather. He opens the door to the tower room. Sed was watching out the window. His back was turned to the door. "Your tray, sir."


         Sed held a wooden leg from the back side of his bed. "Leave it and go" He demands. As the child sits the tray on the stand, Sed turns quickly and yields the leg in the air. He froze in mid air when he saw his grandson face to face.


         "You are the young prince?"


         "Yes, I am the son of Arebella." The prince answered. "I know that I look different, but I am not a devil as my mother thought."


         "Leave me!" Sed demanded. "I do not want to see you here again, and you can take the tray back with you."


         The prince leaves the tray and goes back through the door. The Sed throws his food out the tower window. He was not going to eat the food served to him by such an abomination. He couldn't believe what he had seen.


         He loved his daughter, and he knew that she could not give birth to such an animal.


         Day after day the young prince cared for Sed. Day after day Sed refused to eat or drink what the prince would bring him. One day the Prince found that Sed could not get out of bed. He was starving, and in the condition that he would could never live without his kingdom.


         "Grand Father, wont you eat a bite."


         Sed would not speak he turned his head to the wall.


         Prince ran to Queen Ann to tell her of Sed's condition. The queen was in the courtyard reading to the children that had been coming back to the castle.


         "My Queen, may I have a word with you?" The Prince bowed and continued, "I have news of grandfather Sed.


         The queen asks another child to continue to the others. She walked with the Prince as they talked about the problem. "What is it my son?"


         "He has not eaten for three weeks, and his water has not been now in a week. He is loosing his strength and has given up to die."


         Anne was touched by the story of her old friend being in such a manner.


         "Shall I call for the physician?" The prince asks from concern.


         "No my son." The queen says. "You keep caring for him, and keep your training up. I know how to help Sed. I was given a sign a time ago.


         The queen sends the prince back to his duties. She calls for her hand maid. "Gather my sword and saddle my horse. Ready yours as well. We are going to see Queen SanTrina."


         "My queen should we tell the King where you are going? There is war between us and them. Surely the Queen will kill us on sight because of her husband."


         " I will tell the King, and he will agree. I need you to have faith. We will not gain attention."


         The hand maiden gathered the items that the queen requested, and she returned to the queen. Anne was dressed in the dress of the village. She hands the maid one to put on.


         "This will protect us. They will not expect a queen to dress as a villages nor will they expect me to visit while we are on the verge of war."


         The two ride to see Queen SanTrina. When they reached the draw bridge, the guards questioned the women. "Why do you want to enter the gates of Leynitice? What do you seek?"


         "I come to see the Queen." Anne continues, "I am here with word from King Sed."


         "We will inform the Queen."


         "No he has sent us to the queen. We have to speak with her."


         The guards led the women to see Queen SanTrina. When SanTrina saw her old friend, she sent the guards away. She leaves the throne to greet Anne. She sends Anne's hand maid to the servants quarters so that the two could talk.


         "My friend, you have word of my husband? Where is he?


         "We have Sed. He is our prisoner. He is being treated as royalty in our towers. However, we have a problem. He seeks vengeance for the princess death. He planned the death of Yecheil as did Arebella. Because he has not succeeded he has given up on life. He will not eat, and he will not drink. He has not taken to his bed with his head turned to the wall." Queen Anne tells her friend, and asks for her help.


         SanTrina Looks to Anne, "Arebella visited me from the other world. She said that she had been wrong, and that she has been shown the purpose of the prince. She told me to surrender to you when you visited. She said that we would loose our rule as royalties, but in time we will continue to rule under the rule of King Thomas. I cried and tried to touch her. She told me that she loved me, and disappeared into the shadows." SanTrina begins to cry.


         "Sara, get me ready to take a trip." Queen SanTrina sends her maid to ready her horse.


         "Thank you my friend. I too was visited by Jade from the land of death. She told me that we would not have war, and that you will not loose your kingdom. You will work with us as one kingdom."


         "Anne please go to the tables and have your fill, I must find someone to rule until someone else can do so." SanTrina hugs.


         " I will send Sir William to rule until we know that Sed is ready to lead the land as our mayor."


         "Thank you. I will just give a proclamation to the village before we leave."


         While Anne and her servant ate, SanTrina called her people together to hear her words. "My people, I have to leave you. I need to be with out King on his trip. I ask you to await for a new rule in a few days, and anyone who doesn't obey the new mayor will be charged with treason. They will be sent to the prison for life." SanTrina signs the order. " I will return with Sed one day. I would that you stay safe and avoid war until we return."


         The two queens and their maid servants make their way back to the castle. There Queen Anne escorts SanTrina to her place with her husband in the towers. Upon seeing her proud husband waiting a way. She falls to her knees by her husband's side.


         King Sed tried to jump at her. "Sorry my queen that I have fell to save you from capture."


         "My King, Queen Anne sought me. I came willingly to be by your side."


         "How dare you leave our kingdom with out an heir to save it from been stolen from us."


Then Sed spits in her face, " I have no wife. Leynitice has no queen!" He turns back to starring at the wall. The SanTrina leaves his side and sits in the chair across the room. Queen Anne hugs her."If you want anything just tell Yecheil, and you will have it. I am going to send maids to draw you a bath. I will send a tray for both you and your king by Yechiel." Anne leaves the room knowing that in time everything would workout just as Jade and Arebella had informed the two queens. She hated to see her friend hurting so badly, but she was sure that this was temporary.
© Copyright 2011 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739138-chapter-five---the-mission