*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743164-Time-for-a-few-of-my-favorite-things
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#743164 added January 2, 2012 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
Time for a few of my favorite things...
It is supposed to go down to 27 degrees here tonight. Too cold. I am not ready for it. I filled the bird feeders and topped off the bird baths this afternoon in anticipation of hungry, thirsty birdies in the morning. Also brought in some plants that will not survive those low temps. It was actually a very nice afternoon for working in the yard in short sleeves, even did some raking, but I foresee brown grass in the morning. Oh well, I knew it was coming.

Jim is doing fairly well, I think. No way to know for sure without labs, but he is in pretty good spirits and not complaining about pain or nausea. I bought walkie talkies so that when I am outside, I can easily hear him if he needs me. Make us both feel better, I think. His kidney function worries me the most.

Our son has gone down to Lady Lake to visit with his daughter, our granddaughter. She will be very surprised to see him as he has kept his visit a secret from her. He has promised to take lots of photos.

I had time this morning to write a short story for the Daily Flash. That made me feel so good...didn't realize how much I have missed it. Hope I continue to have time for it.

until next time.....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743164-Time-for-a-few-of-my-favorite-things